50bps cut - yeah baby!!!

This is a discussion on 50bps cut - yeah baby!!! within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Wahay!!! I just took a bit of a gamble and traded over the 50bps cut. I took +84 ticks out ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 30, 2008, 8:26pm   #1
Joined Oct 2007
50bps cut - yeah baby!!!

Wahay!!!

I just took a bit of a gamble and traded over the 50bps cut. I took +84 ticks out of the Dow just now... it's going to my drinking fund for this week.

By the way... I just used Capital Spreads. Don't try to use them over a number. Their interface took 40 nailbiting seconds to confirm my closing trade!
"Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge -- has marked the upward surge of mankind."
RichieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:08pm   #2

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieE View Post
Wahay!!!

I just took a bit of a gamble and traded over the 50bps cut. I took +84 ticks out of the Dow just now... it's going to my drinking fund for this week.

By the way... I just used Capital Spreads. Don't try to use them over a number. Their interface took 40 nailbiting seconds to confirm my closing trade!
CS web interface is better than CMCs but pre & post news pretty lame. Would recommend CMCs Java based platform
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:08pm   #3

Joined Jan 2007
Well done, balls of steel needed for a trade like that! What's occupying my mind is the implications for other central banks, and I'm coming to the view that they are less likely to be cutting rates than they were previously, assuming that dollar FX doesn't become a factor. This because hopefully the US economy will be helped by these drastic cuts.

Of course if the US economy does crap out then this prediction has no merit.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:17pm   #4

Joined Feb 2007
Nice punt rich, all about stop limit orders left in the dax ladder baby!

Last edited by DC STOXX; Jan 30, 2008 at 10:06pm.
DC STOXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:23pm   #5

Joined Feb 2007
delete me

Last edited by DC STOXX; Jan 30, 2008 at 10:06pm. Reason: double post
DC STOXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:30pm   #6

Joined Jan 2008
Big Ben will keep printing money till we run out of trees! Looking very ugly for the greenback........
DannyBly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:40pm   #7

Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabianights View Post
Well done, balls of steel needed for a trade like that! What's occupying my mind is the implications for other central banks, and I'm coming to the view that they are less likely to be cutting rates than they were previously, assuming that dollar FX doesn't become a factor. This because hopefully the US economy will be helped by these drastic cuts.

Of course if the US economy does crap out then this prediction has no merit.
My bet would be on the other CBs will be cutting their rates too. But less than the US as ECB and BoE will be more hawkish on inflation.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:37pm   #8

Joined Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieE View Post
Wahay!!!

"The trend is your friend and divergences are your best friend until the bend at the end"

Party on like it's 1930, until Mr C (Wave) gatecrashes the party.
fibonelli is offline   Reply With Quote