easy money

This is a discussion on easy money within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; hey you, you know those opportunities in the market that don`t come around very often; once a day, once a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 14, 2007, 7:34am   #1
Joined Oct 2004
easy money

hey you,

you know those opportunities in the market that don`t come around very often; once a day,
once a week, once a month or once a year on average to take out that BIG, FAT CHEQUE...........
you looked at the chart and said: Hell I see this blahblahblah and that blahblahblah and its
confirmed by that blahblahblah indicator
and if you jump in, you`re sure that your rate of success will be above 80%....
where`s my change, how much is in the bank, can I borrow from the in-laws?
and you throw it all in the pit..........

those opportunities..........can you tell me ALL about it?????????

Last edited by vetten; Mar 14, 2007 at 8:21am. Reason: to make things clearer
vetten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 8:09am   #2
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Opportunities come along every day but in my view borrowing money to trade is probably one of the worst things anyone could do when considering trading.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 8:18am   #3
Joined Oct 2004
vetten started this thread hey Paul,

you`re the guy I need..........opportunities every day at better than 80% success rate and I
must add: FOR A ROARING UNUSUALLY HIGH PROFIT????

Can you tell me how you go about that?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 2:53am   #4

Joined Feb 2003
Can you keep your finger off the button the rest of the time though?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:04am   #5
Joined Oct 2004
easy money

vetten started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by oatman
Can you keep your finger off the button the rest of the time though?
I`ll try hard oatman

but what I`m trying to do is to locate BIG opportunities in different markets and leave the daily grind to somebody else..........
see: you have those people that only trade say 3 times a year when their market is just right and the money is for the taking and I would like to explore those possiblities too.

we all have our strategies - well I hope so - but I`m sure everybody see set-ups that are far better than normal, so which are those people?????????
Old Mar 15, 2007, 1:06pm   #6

Joined Nov 2001
Preparing the ground for Spam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetten
I`ll try hard oatman

but what I`m trying to do is to locate BIG opportunities in different markets and leave the daily grind to somebody else..........
see: you have those people that only trade say 3 times a year when their market is just right and the money is for the taking and I would like to explore those possiblities too.

we all have our strategies - well I hope so - but I`m sure everybody see set-ups that are far better than normal, so which are those people?????????
What are you selling?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 1:11pm   #7

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333
Opportunities come along every day but in my view borrowing money to trade is probably one of the worst things anyone could do when considering trading.

Paul
yes Paul - you're the guy I need too. Tell me all about these too, or alternatively send me some cash in the post

UTB
Old Mar 15, 2007, 1:12pm   #8

Joined Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
What are you selling?
His soul probably.

Does he know souls are for sale on eBay for as little as $7.00?
Old Mar 15, 2007, 8:49pm   #9
Joined Oct 2004
vetten started this thread unfortunately I have nothing to sell, although who cant use a bit of money?!?

this tread should be called the SUPER STAR THREAD on here, the best of the best.

as you might know there are hundreds if not thousands of different strategies.
on stocks, futures, forex etc. etc
they probably all have their daily grind, but once in a while they will have situations
where the trader would like to bet the factory and KNOW he`ll come away with a fistfull
of money.
so I dont see why somebody cant collect all those great set-ups in different markets,
keep an eye out for them and trade them when they`re there.

better than the daily grind of little losses, break-evens and small profits.

man, that`s a thought!

so ok, maybe you guys can start and give me your win-win situations in your strategy
if you have one?????
Old Mar 15, 2007, 9:40pm   #10

Joined Nov 2001
What give away a winning stratagy for FREE ?
Old Mar 16, 2007, 1:32am   #11
Joined Oct 2004
vetten started this thread I dont know neil, but anything is possible...........just like the markets

at least I`ll give it a try aye.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 2:02am   #12
Joined Mar 2002
Interesting discussion.
I may be wrong but even if someone gives you a winning strategy it will not work for you 90% of time.
I recon it has to suit personal style in some way.
Also I discovered that it is very difficult not to click at the wrong moment for some reason (even with winning system) then to just find yourself hypnotised by price action cleaning your pockets...
chpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 11:38am   #13
Joined Oct 2004
vetten started this thread nah, maybe I dont make myself clear: I DONT want a winning strategy!
no no please dont give it to me........

what I do like is the cherries in all the winning strategies. every winning strategy will have
a certain set-up that is almost guaranteed succesfull.
so if I have all those certain set-ups from all those winning strategies, well I`m king and
pope.
Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:17pm   #14

Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetten
nah, maybe I dont make myself clear: I DONT want a winning strategy!
no no please dont give it to me........

what I do like is the cherries in all the winning strategies. every winning strategy will have
a certain set-up that is almost guaranteed succesfull.
so if I have all those certain set-ups from all those winning strategies, well I`m king and
pope.
What you are searching for doesn't exist. Don't you think if we could identify these "low-risk bankers" then that's all we'd trade.

It's very easy to say with hindsight that a particular trade was a "classic" but what you fail to appreciate is that we are always looking out for them - and we trade other such similar setups only to find they don't materialise profits. Personally, I only trade when I think it's going to be a low-risk winner - but things don't always turn out the way you expect - the daily grind you mention something you can't avoid. This is where your money/risk management comes in - no matter how certain you are that you'll profit - you dont "throw it all in the pit" as you suggest, because if you are wrong only once then you've nothing left to trade with.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 6:43pm   #15
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
every winning strategy will have a certain set-up that is almost guaranteed succesfull.
There is no such thing as guaranteed setups. The key is knowing the statistical probability of reward to risk incurred and positioning your size relative to it.

Paul
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote