Trading enrivonment - Mid-Size business

This is a discussion on Trading enrivonment - Mid-Size business within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hello Everybody, As a new member let me introduce myself: My name is Victor, I work for a mid-sized commodity ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:24am   #1

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2018
Trading enrivonment - Mid-Size business

Hello Everybody,

As a new member let me introduce myself:

My name is Victor, I work for a mid-sized commodity trading company located in Switzerland. The main portfolio of the company includes but not limited to gas, power, LNG, FX.

I mainly support trading and infrastructure processes. In my free time I like to ride my motorbike, and make adjustments and upgrades to my car
I am slightly into crypto trading myself with a rather good PNL.

One of my goals currently is to make the trading floor more effective from a technical point of view.

I would much appreciate any of your inputs or experiences from your work environment that you like, or that you would like to have changed, and if so in what way:

In a very basic way, for example:

- Computer setup
- Backup solutions
- Network setups
- Communication solutions
- Things that were implemented but did not work out as intended (and why)
- Things that were implemented and did work out as intended

I am hoping to get some inputs from you, and I wish you a successful 2018 onward

Best Regards,

Victor
letmego0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:53pm   #2

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by letmego0 View Post
Hello Everybody,

As a new member let me introduce myself:

My name is Victor, I work for a mid-sized commodity trading company located in Switzerland. The main portfolio of the company includes but not limited to gas, power, LNG, FX.

I mainly support trading and infrastructure processes. In my free time I like to ride my motorbike, and make adjustments and upgrades to my car
I am slightly into crypto trading myself with a rather good PNL.

One of my goals currently is to make the trading floor more effective from a technical point of view.

I would much appreciate any of your inputs or experiences from your work environment that you like, or that you would like to have changed, and if so in what way:

In a very basic way, for example:

- Computer setup
- Backup solutions
- Network setups
- Communication solutions
- Things that were implemented but did not work out as intended (and why)
- Things that were implemented and did work out as intended

I am hoping to get some inputs from you, and I wish you a successful 2018 onward

Best Regards,

Victor
Very interesting, I would like to see some answers as well, but why don't you start by explaining what is the current setup in your company?

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote