How Damaging Is My Sleep/Wake Cycle To My Trading?

This is a discussion on How Damaging Is My Sleep/Wake Cycle To My Trading? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hey folks! I tend to stay up late (approx. 3am GMT) and wake up late (approx. 12pm GMT), getting on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:34pm   #1
Joined Sep 2017
How Damaging Is My Sleep/Wake Cycle To My Trading?

Hey folks!

I tend to stay up late (approx. 3am GMT) and wake up late (approx. 12pm GMT), getting on average 9 hours sleep. How would this, in your opinion, negatively impact my Forex trading? I am residing in GMT zone.

Of course I have a some idea but I'd like to hear from you.
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:28pm   #2

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
Hey folks!

I tend to stay up late (approx. 3am GMT) and wake up late (approx. 12pm GMT), getting on average 9 hours sleep. How would this, in your opinion, negatively impact my Forex trading? I am residing in GMT zone.

Of course I have a some idea but I'd like to hear from you.
9 hours should be plenty, I am sleeping probably 7 hours a night (getting older, so I cannot sleep much), but I am taking a nap after excising/lunch for 30-60 minutes every day and I don't' see any negative effect on myself (unless I am hung over, which I find getting more painful with old age)

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:42pm   #3
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
9 hours should be plenty, I am sleeping probably 7 hours a night (getting older, so I cannot sleep much), but I am taking a nap after excising/lunch for 30-60 minutes every day and I don't' see any negative effect on myself (unless I am hung over, which I find getting more painful with old age)
What time do you typically go to sleep/wake up at? And what are your most frequent pairs to trade?

Also, if I frequently attempt to trade GBP/USD and EUR/USD, am I putting myself out much by getting up at 12pm (online by 1-1:30)? In your opinion
Education is the passport to the future! He who prepares today, owns tomorrow! But remember, Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:59pm   #4

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
What time do you typically go to sleep/wake up at? And what are your most frequent pairs to trade?

Also, if I frequently attempt to trade GBP/USD and EUR/USD, am I putting myself out much by getting up at 12pm (online by 1-1:30)? In your opinion
Yeh, sorry, I misread the question, I thought you have concern that the 9 hours of sleep is not enough... I am not trading FX, so I have no idea if the morning is a good time to trade or to sleep :-)

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:47pm   #5
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Yeh, sorry, I misread the question, I thought you have concern that the 9 hours of sleep is not enough... I am not trading FX, so I have no idea if the morning is a good time to trade or to sleep :-)
Ah yes, I remember you saying that before. Unless details directly impact me, I tend to forget them, sorry...then again...I forget my fair share of important things also

The question is open to all avenues really.
Biological, psychological, practical...

I'm just looking to see if anyone has any strong opinions on trading times.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:09pm   #6

Joined Oct 2015
in training now to start trading 18hrs/day ---- 30 mins treadmill & 30 mins weightlifting 5days/week. no breakfast, light lunch.

i ballooned up to almost 300lbs...just sitting, eating trading

18hrs/day trading is where the $ is imo get it done thers money out there TAKE IT !
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:41pm   #7
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
in training now to start trading 18hrs/day ---- 30 mins treadmill & 30 mins weightlifting 5days/week. no breakfast, light lunch.

i ballooned up to almost 300lbs...just sitting, eating trading

18hrs/day trading is where the $ is imo get it done thers money out there TAKE IT !
18 hours a day staring at the screen - hows that working out for your work\life balance?
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2018, 4:47pm   #8

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
18 hours a day staring at the screen - hows that working out for your work\life balance?
work/life balance sounds like "i hate my job look forward to weekends" kind of thing.

i love my job not looking for vaca days