Technical Analysis v Fundamentals, OR ratio

This is a discussion on Technical Analysis v Fundamentals, OR ratio within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Nowler Hey folks, I'm just wondering whether you prefer TA or Fundamental analysis when it comes to ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:36pm   #17

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowler View Post
Hey folks,

I'm just wondering whether you prefer TA or Fundamental analysis when it comes to your trades? Or perhaps you use a particular ratio of both?

Please also state your typically traded markets and why you prefer your chosen style of TA v Fundamentals.

Thanks
Trading only candle shticks is not going to work, you have to have a fundamental explanation why the system should work more often than not - hence the edge, more winners than losers = to be able to make money in the stock market...

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2017, 7:45pm   #18
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
isn't this what i am saying, i don't know how to do that.

you know what i will never learn how to do it, because ONE i don't give a sh^t,(if i did i'd become an economist, life is too short) and 2 i'm 2 dumb, i failed algebra

i look at charts, thats all i do
How's that working out for you out of interest?
FXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:06pm   #19
Joined Sep 2017
Nowler started this thread
Quote:
... and 2 i'm 2 dumb, i failed algebra
I never finished school, am not good at math and am dyslexic. I can still google something like DailyFX and read what their analysts are saying. It has a section for "real-time" and shows you how many hours/mins until that release. It's not ideal but its a start. You will get out what you put in when it comes to fundamental analysis
Nowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:14pm   #20

Joined Oct 2015
i'm not LISTENING to anyone else but my own spirit , and thats the way it is, for now

i will take a GEM here or there though, incorporate it into my own when I here one
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:25pm   #21
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Here's a gem for you

Don't eat yellow snow
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:30pm   #22

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
Here's a gem for you

Don't eat yellow snow
i watched a lot of CHART, i'm going to go off that.

win, or loose.thats all i got

i know that the big banks, and the ivy league mathematicians , i'm at a disadvantage , but you know what i'll take the crumbs, and then some
Old Nov 14, 2017, 8:49pm   #23
FXX
Joined Oct 2017
Quote:
i watched a lot of CHART, i'm going to go off that.

win, or loose.thats all i got

i know that the big banks, and the ivy league mathematicians , i'm at a disadvantage , but you know what i'll take the crumbs, and then some
How do you discern true opportunity from patterns that won't pan out? It's impossible and just guess work without being able to know why price is moving and how much potential it might have. Look if you want some help on fundamentals I am happy to advise as was done to me by institutional traders. It works and I can vouch for it from personal experience. Its a lot of work I admit but the reward is a successful outcome. Offer is there if you willing to learn, I am still learning myself but I have so far been building a growing account so I am well on my way to doing it without even thinking about it.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 9:04pm   #24

Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by FXX View Post
How do you discern true opportunity from patterns that won't pan out? It's impossible and just guess work without being able to know why price is moving and how much potential it might have. Look if you want some help on fundamentals I am happy to advise as was done to me by institutional traders. It works and I can vouch for it from personal experience. Its a lot of work I admit but the reward is a successful outcome. Offer is there if you willing to learn, I am still learning myself but I have so far been building a growing account so I am well on my way to doing it without even thinking about it.

thanks, but i;m a chart guy and thats all i will ever be i know this, and i am ok with it