Where to find group averages for stocks traded on the nasdaq?

This is a discussion on Where to find group averages for stocks traded on the nasdaq? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hi, I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find candlestick or figure charts for group / sector averages traded on the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:53pm   #1
Joined Apr 2015
Where to find group averages for stocks traded on the nasdaq?

Hi, I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find candlestick or figure charts for group / sector averages traded on the nasdaq exchange.

Can somebody point me in the right direction please?

Thanks,

Andy
panvulcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:10pm   #2

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by panvulcon View Post
Hi, I'm finding it incredibly difficult to find candlestick or figure charts for group / sector averages traded on the nasdaq exchange.

Thanks,

Andy

Maybe check the sector ETFs...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:53pm   #3

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by panvulcon View Post

Thanks,

Andy
Can't help you with the Naz, but the chief difference between the Naz and the Dow/S&P is financials. Try bigcharts.marketwatch.com and choose "Industries" at the top of the page. They used to focus on the S&P sectors (9) but they now focus on Dow sectors (17). Click on a sector and you'll get the groups within that sector and sometimes the subgroups within each group. You can also select charts for each stock, subgroup, group, and sector.

Db
Old Nov 9, 2017, 7:25pm   #4
Joined Apr 2015
panvulcon started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbphoenix View Post
Can't help you with the Naz, but the chief difference between the Naz and the Dow/S&P is financials. Try bigcharts.marketwatch.com and choose "Industries" at the top of the page. They used to focus on the S&P sectors (9) but they now focus on Dow sectors (17). Click on a sector and you'll get the groups within that sector and sometimes the subgroups within each group. You can also select charts for each stock, subgroup, group, and sector.

Db
This is what I'm after.
Ty
panvulcon is offline   Reply With Quote