24/7

This is a discussion on 24/7 within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by neil As do lemmings The natural reaction to all things new that don't fit into our "established ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 17, 2017, 8:53pm   #17
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil View Post
As do lemmings
The natural reaction to all things new that don't fit into our "established order" psyche, is to dismiss out of hand.

As things stand, crypto's and the technology associated with them all sounds like voodoo black magic.

My position is quite simple. I can see how this stuff might take off, particularly if there is another financial crash, or rampant inflation, devaluation theft of fiat currencies etc etc. So i'm prepared to learn as much as I can about this crazy stuff, as I think it may have a part to play in the future.

Scams abound in this new arena, so as always, do your own due diligence.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2017, 9:03pm   #18

Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Reed View Post
Stuff 24/7

I think it should be a 4 day week.

Will write to the trading union.
You've adapted far to well to the aussie lifestyle Oscar,
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:13pm   #19

Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
The natural reaction to all things new that don't fit into our "established order" psyche, is to dismiss out of hand.

As things stand, crypto's and the technology associated with them all sounds like voodoo black magic.

My position is quite simple. I can see how this stuff might take off, particularly if there is another financial crash, or rampant inflation, devaluation theft of fiat currencies etc etc. So i'm prepared to learn as much as I can about this crazy stuff, as I think it may have a part to play in the future.

Scams abound in this new arena, so as always, do your own due diligence.
Good points CV
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:18pm   #20
Joined Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Going by what China is doing, one thing that definitely does sound like is the governments and banks don't care for them in their existing forms. When the correct form arrives, the existing forms will become worthless.

Here's a banker's view about it: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-fraud-bitcoin
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2017, 1:15pm   #21
Joined Apr 2016
My first kiddie crypto positions. See the message ? A real bank crypto would never give you that. This is why I don't like kiddie coins or script kiddies. So I dismiss them out of hand because it would be like playing with a 5 year old on an intellectual level. There would be no value to it.

What the message says is: whoa big trader, hold your horses right there. We have some important kiddies passing though.

Click the image to open in full size.
Attached Thumbnails
crypto.jpg  

Last edited by EnlightenedJoe; Sep 18, 2017 at 1:50pm.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 5:21pm   #22

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
With all the Internet and technology these days, will there ever be a time when the markets will be open 24/7?
Wow, don't say that, I like the banker hours, what's wrong with having a life and good sleep :-)

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2017, 9:48am   #23
Joined Apr 2016
My kiddie coin is being delisted. My monies be like: gone. $23 stolen by kiddies. Real bank coins don't do this.

Attached Thumbnails
kiddie.jpg  

Last edited by EnlightenedJoe; Oct 3, 2017 at 9:54am.
Old Oct 3, 2017, 12:10pm   #24

Joined Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnlightenedJoe View Post
My kiddie coin is being delisted. My monies be like: gone. $23 stolen by kiddies. Real bank coins don't do this.

whats this clown on about
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote