guaranteed stop loss

This is a discussion on guaranteed stop loss within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; hi all, can someone please explain under which circumstances a guaranteed stop loss can be liquidated without triggering the level ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:04am   #1

2 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
guaranteed stop loss

hi all,

can someone please explain under which circumstances a guaranteed stop loss can be liquidated without triggering the level of the stop loss.

thank you
newbie2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:33pm   #2

Joined May 2003
Shouldn't happen, but don't forget that the stop loss will be triggered on the bid or ask price which is not necessarily the price that you will be seeing on your chart or share price lists.
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2017, 6:39pm   #3

Joined Sep 2014
I would say it cant happen. phone or e mail the company and they will tell you why.
i ofen used to phone cmc back in the days to ascertain why my s/l had been hit.markets can have some crazy moves mate.they may put your position back on for you if there is a slight doubt
itspossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:15am   #4

2 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
newbie2017 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
Shouldn't happen, but don't forget that the stop loss will be triggered on the bid or ask price which is not necessarily the price that you will be seeing on your chart or share price lists.
Thanks for the response.

My view of guaranteed stop losses are that unless your position is triggered the company is not allowed to liquidate your position. I have queries it with the company and they provided some silly answer and I await a formal response to be able to go through in detail. Will keep you posted and appreciate your comments.
newbie2017 is offline   Reply With Quote