Why you shouldn't demo trade

This is a discussion on Why you shouldn't demo trade within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; People wanting to make money is the reason markets move - everything else is after the fact....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:53pm   #106
Joined Sep 2010
People wanting to make money is the reason markets move - everything else is after the fact.
brewski1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:22pm   #107
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewski1984 View Post
People wanting to make money is the reason markets move - everything else is after the fact.
yeah, people wanting creates buyers and sellers..
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:12pm   #108

Joined Jan 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaeso View Post
yeah, people wanting creates buyers and sellers..
That's quite true Kaeso. However, I don't see how it fits into the average sort/intermediate trader.
Penny Picks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 7:26pm   #109
Joined Oct 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Picks View Post
That's quite true Kaeso. However, I don't see how it fits into the average sort/intermediate trader.
its off topic r.e. demo, i was just replying to what toast said. i dont know what the original reason for talking about supply/demand was
Kaeso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2018, 9:56pm   #110

Joined Jul 2017
Agreed, but would sum it up a bit differently: fear and greed move the market...

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2018, 8:28am   #111

9 Posts
Joined Mar 2018
fear and greed are the main enemies of any trader. Only those who have learnt to control these feelings can succeed in forex. But frankly speaking, this is not as simple as it seems.
Cerid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:53am   #112
Joined Sep 2010
Demo is good to learn the platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisefoolx View Post
Demo is ok, but I see far too many people who stay on it for far too long. Nothing like the real deal.
Would have to agree from experience I demo trading too long, and in the long run it really dampen my trading until I just quit demo trading then I was better off. Demo trading is only good to learn the platform not to try to see it you can make profit; because when it's cash on the line either you know it, or you don't. Trading is forever learning
min6485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2018, 5:02pm   #113

Joined Mar 2018
I totally disagree with the theory that demo trading is a waste of time or priceless. Demo trading is the opening bell for the new comers to gain some basic practices about the market. It has some drawbacks for sure but you have to overcome them in order to trade live account with the probability of long stay.
Whitehead is offline   Reply With Quote