Why you shouldn't demo trade

This is a discussion on Why you shouldn't demo trade within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Lee Is this thread contradicting your post?Please explain. http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:56pm   #9
Joined Apr 2017
Lee

Is this thread contradicting your post?Please explain.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:58pm   #10

Joined Feb 2008
Lee Shepherd started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
Shows you are not a trader .A trader has to be able to subconsciously execute a trading plan , in a state of trading nirvana .This could take 6 to 12 months simulation practice in live market conditions , to be then able to apply it impulsively by the automatic mind commands .
Sorry mate but I strongly disagree.

You can play games (board or console) as much as you want but when it comes to being live with cash, people act very differently, people feel very differently.

Nothing can prepare you for losing money like losing money.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:59pm   #11
Joined Aug 2017
Demo is ok, but I see far too many people who stay on it for far too long. Nothing like the real deal.
wisefoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:00pm   #12

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
I am testing out my latest robot. Do you really think I am going to trust it from the word go with...real money ?
Not on yer nelly mate.
I see your point but some just take longer than others to make the profitability gap.
So keep trading safely guys.
100% agree with you! no point of testing a new system or algo with real money, completely waste of precious resources, especially for new trader that doesn't have an edge...
Only when you develop an edge, back test it thoughtfully, then you can refine it with real money (small size), and only after that when you are sure everything is working as planned, put out the optimal bets... The opposite is pure gambling...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:04pm   #13

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
Lee

Is this thread contradicting your post?Please explain.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gene...-any-help.html
@ Post 3 of mine. Yes it does contradict me 100%.

You will find (as I have pre-warned), many contradictions from me.

Paper trading/demo is for fun and entices players in to the markets. But its not and will never be the real thing. Money down or don't bother.

I know more successful demo traders than I do cash ones. Why is this ????You don't have to answer that as we already know the answer.

For noobs: Its nothing to do with prices being in your favour.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:07pm   #14

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
100% agree with you! no point of testing a new system or algo with real money, completely waste of precious resources, especially for new trader that doesn't have an edge...
Only when you develop an edge, back test it thoughtfully, then you can refine it with real money (small size), and only after that when you are sure everything is working as planned, put out the optimal bets... The opposite is pure gambling...
No, this is wrong (sorry bud).

There is no system or edge or algo. If there was you would sell it to the highest bidder.

Back testing is also a total waste of time as we curve fit until we think it works then forward test it live but still is bollox - it's nothing but pure chance. Its about the money on the line and you as the trader.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:23pm   #15

Joined Jul 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Shepherd View Post
No, this is wrong (sorry bud).

There is no system or edge or algo. If there was you would sell it to the highest bidder.

Back testing is also a total waste of time as we curve fit until we think it works then forward test it live but still is bollox - it's nothing but pure chance. Its about the money on the line and you as the trader.
Yeh, we agree to disagree on this one... I would not sell my algo, even for 8 digit offer, because it generates me very nice income, which is compounding at very good rate and one day I can leave it to my son when he grows up... this is the perfect passive income business for me, totally location independent and it will work as long as people are trading the stock market...

My number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:27pm   #16

Joined Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantt View Post
Yeh, we agree to disagree on this one... I would not sell my algo, even for 8 digit offer, because it generates me very nice income, which is compounding at very good rate and one day I can leave it to my son when he grows up... this is the perfect passive income business for me, totally location independent and it will work as long as people are trading the stock market...
Again, sorry mate but to me your post makes very little sense at all.

Only a few people will understand what I mean.