Validity of Track Record?

This is a discussion on Validity of Track Record? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hey everyone. I was reviewing the track record of a website (buy date/price,sell date/price and I came across a couple ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 22, 2017, 6:40pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Validity of Track Record?

Hey everyone. I was reviewing the track record of a website (buy date/price,sell date/price and I came across a couple anomalies that maybe someone would have insight on.

Buy price on POT was recorded as $15.77 on 1/06/16 on their website. However when actually checking the stock chart the low for that stock on said date was $16.03 as shown here https://www.screencast.com/t/A72JfM60 So my question is how can you buy a stock at $15.77 when the low for that day was $16.03 ?

Appreciate any help.
wonderd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2017, 7:20am   #2
Joined Jul 2015
Sometimes stocks will sell below or above the recorded daily highs/lows. This has happened to me before both ways. I think (not certain though) that it only happens when trading odd lots. That being said, a 0.26 difference on a ~$16.00 stock is substantial and it seems unlikely.

The most I have gotten outside of recorded highs and lows is a few cents...don't remember exactly but probably no more than 0.05 and on stocks that trade at much higher prices.

Edit: it is also possible (and perhaps more likely) that the trade they made was outside normal market hours...either pre or post market. Either that or they are just full of ****.
Dr. Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2017, 4:02pm   #3
Joined Sep 2013
Ask them to link trading account with myfxbook or some public monitoring services. Big part of scumbags are filtered out nicely on this stage
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:22pm   #4

Joined Jul 2017
Don't trust anything, unless it is provided by well known 3rd party auditing company, where you can actually call to double check... Anyone can cook anything this days very easy including fake broker statements, etc...

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:26pm   #5
Joined Apr 2016
What he ^ said. But call outs are pretty good for validation.
EnlightenedJoe is offline   Reply With Quote