Newbie ALERT

This is a discussion on Newbie ALERT within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hey everyone I'm 22/23 and I soon will get some money to start building my portfolio. I want to invest ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 21, 2017, 6:02am   #1

5 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
Newbie ALERT

Hey everyone
I'm 22/23 and I soon will get some money to start building my portfolio. I want to invest 10k in my trading account and I am a little confused of about how much I can make.
Let's say I invest the whole 10k into apple stocks and the apple share goes up by 4% after a week. If I sell it then would it mean I made 4% profit????
Of course (minus tax, broker fees)
Stockboy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:26pm   #2

Joined Jul 2017
Yep, your calculations are correct also if the stock tanks 10% on disappointing iPhone sales, you'll loose 10%... My advice is do not trade if you don't have a plan...

Count de Money number 1 trading rule: EDUCATE YOURSELF!

Before you trade even single penny on the stock market, please spend the time and educate yourself by back testing different trading strategies and ideas - go to eBay and search for "historical stock market data", you can buy 20 years of data for less than $100 - that's all you need to start.
Quantt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:08am   #3
Joined Jul 2017
If all act rationally, traders will stop making money. After all, the lion's part of the profit is received by the trader because of errors of other bidders.
Kuznec is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Lee Shepherd