Maximum profit?

This is a discussion on Maximum profit? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by Jason101 As trend followers we need to concentrate on running winners and cutting off losers. This...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:31pm   #25
Joined Aug 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101 View Post
As trend followers we need to concentrate on running winners and cutting off losers.
This
wisefoolx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:41pm   #26
Joined Oct 2008
This thread is why signal services/gurus don't work, because it's all in the execution.
Even robots can't yet compete on creativity and knowing when to alter or break rules.
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton
Old Sep 30, 2017, 10:12am   #27

5 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
I know there is no point in seeking profit. Trading should be first and foremost enjoyable.
Illodius is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: piphoe
Old Sep 30, 2017, 1:45pm   #28
Joined Feb 2002
tomorton started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illodius View Post
I know there is no point in seeking profit. Trading should be first and foremost enjoyable.

Hilarious.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2017, 7:15pm   #29
Joined Feb 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illodius View Post
I believe earning from forex trading is really hard and is not that easier as it looks like which is the reason that we need to control our emotions too. So i think we can only enjoy trading till the odds are not moving against else its your bad time started dude.
progix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2017, 6:27pm   #30
Joined Feb 2002
tomorton started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
I have started pyramiding every trade now as unrealised profit reaches break-even. The trend TA only comes in for the first trade, after that the profit or lack of tells me whether the trend continues or not. This has enabled me to get into some trends at an early stage that actually started more weakly than results would have suggested. Which just goes to show. Wish I'd done this sooner.

Update on my own position as from couple of months back.

I am continuing to set a pyramid order as soon as every trade is opened. When that opens, I set another order and so on and so on. Its working well though disappointed that the maximum number of trades open on one instrument at a time has not yet passed 5. Nevertheless, I am commonly getting stopped out when I have 2 or 3 trades open per forex pair or index, which is 2 or 3 times better than before I started pyramiding.

So much so that I had to introduce a new rule this month - when unrealised net gain reaches +25% of the account, close the basket of trades, take a week off and then start again.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Jason101