What is the professional's edge ?

This is a discussion on What is the professional's edge ? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Firstly an edge is present before any trade is executed and before any method or system is impemented.System edges and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:47am   #1
Joined Apr 2017
What is the professional's edge ?

Firstly an edge is present before any trade is executed and before any method or system is impemented.System edges and method edges are subjective and invalid , because they depend of execution skills , without these execution skills your edge is zero.

There are three edges that professionals use , these are present consistently in the markets

1)Forex edge is based on interest rate expectations

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...ade-forex.html

2)stockmarket indices edge is based on long trades and investor based .See image
buy stockmarket indices dips and run your profits , they consistently make money.

3)Property market edge is based on rental yield of 3% plus per annum .These make prices rise regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
I shouldn't get too hung up about it, Dom. Just think of it as something that leads to you making consistent profits.

In any event, it's not something you can go and buy in off the shelf at Tesco.

cheers

jon
This article below is rubbish , so I did not want to comment on it.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educ...your-edge.html

The main edge in achieving the above edges is your mental edge to execute your edge.Traders have zero edge , unless you have a mental edge .All your illusionary edges are worth zero , if you can't execute your edge.

foroom lluzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: piphoe
Old Apr 30, 2017, 5:03pm   #2

Joined Oct 2015
You are beginning to convince me. Seriously thanks for all the effort you are putting in here with great material.

Naturally i don't agree with everything but there's quite a bit i do.

Any chance you'd elaborate on your option strategy? If it is proprietary i understand.
piphoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2017, 12:29pm   #3
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by piphoe View Post
You are beginning to convince me. Seriously thanks for all the effort you are putting in here with great material.

Naturally i don't agree with everything but there's quite a bit i do.

Any chance you'd elaborate on your option strategy? If it is proprietary i understand.
Take a look at monthly and weekly charts on indices , they are always up , after every fall they recover.

So after every fall , buy a weekly call option at the curent price.Always buy at major supports , these are either weekly candle lows or uotrendline bottoms.

Run your profits until daily trend line breaks on daily .

LLUZERS
Attached Thumbnails
monthly.jpg   week.jpg  
Old May 1, 2017, 12:41pm   #4
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread A trading edge is a approach that creates a CONSISTENT advantage over other market players,anything that adds a few points to the winning side of an equation builds an edge that lasts a lifetime

How do you know if you have an edge? Quantifying whether you have an edge is usually not as easy as it sounds. Often you can read that you should verify that your trading strategy to extract the edge has profits during demo-trading.

A trading edge is simply a higher probability of one thing happening over another, over a SERIES of trades. It is not a guarantee you will make money in the markets. You need to combine that trading edge with the proper mental skills…
Old May 1, 2017, 7:15pm   #5
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread A professional's edge

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/indi...s-trading.html
Old May 15, 2017, 8:26am   #6
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread Most traders make mistakes , mistakes eat up profits and can turn an edge into a negative edge.Emotions ,stress ,mind traps ,body condition and psychology can reduced or lose your edge to zero or negative edge .

Body conditions include feeling tired ,lack of sleep , frequent urination, hunger, weight loss, irritability, infections, and blurred vision.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/educ...g-traders.html

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/psyc...ey-management/
Old May 15, 2017, 11:36am   #7
Joined Apr 2017
foroom lluzers started this thread An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing happening
over another.Mark Douglas

The stock indices give you an edge , there is a higher probability of one thing happening over another.

The image shows a true edge.
Attached Thumbnails
triple.jpg  
Old May 15, 2017, 1:45pm   #8
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by foroom lluzers View Post
An edge is nothing more than an indication of a higher probability of one thing happening
over another.Mark Douglas

The stock indices give you an edge , there is a higher probability of one thing happening over another.
A trading edge is something that each trader must develop for themselves. That equity indices tend to rise over time is merely a characteristic of that market - it is not in itself an edge and does not enable traders to make money. If it did, then everyone would trade equity indices and everyone would be profitable. Plainly, that is not the case. It's entirely possible for two traders to trade equities indices and for one of them to have an edge and be profitable, and for the other not to have an edge and be unprofitable.

A buy and hold approach adopted by someone like Buffett complements the equity market's tendency to rise over time and that is (one of) the foundations of his success. But he's a long term investor not a short term trader. Going long on equity indices and expecting to make gains over a few days or weeks simply because they tend to rise over time - isn't an edge of any kind. What it is is a recipe for disaster that, almost inevitably, will result in a blow up.
Tim.
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote