The best value anti virus software.

This is a discussion on The best value anti virus software. within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by sminicooper My experience with Avira was that it's pretty good. I agree, Avira is excellent in my ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 14, 2017, 6:45pm   #9
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by sminicooper View Post
My experience with Avira was that it's pretty good.
I agree, Avira is excellent in my view.
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pat494
Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:04pm   #10

Joined Aug 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
Installed AVG.
Thanks . Looks good.
Can I ask if the free repair bit can be reversed if it removes important programs ?
Before I try it. The last one removed my MT4 prog but fortunately I could reverse it.
Can't say, but I've never had any problem with it. OTOH, I don't have tons of programs on my computer. Wise should tell you if reversal is possible.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:06pm   #11

4 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Hello,

I recommend Sophos AV Home edition - It's free & whats more can be managed in a cloud based portal, so you can protect friends and family computers (if you wanted to burden yourself with that
movefast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:35pm   #12

Joined Jun 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by movefast View Post
Hello,

I recommend Sophos AV Home edition - It's free & whats more can be managed in a cloud based portal, so you can protect friends and family computers (if you wanted to burden yourself with that
Sophos have always had a very good reputation.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:40pm   #13

4 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
I agree - I wasn't referring to Sophos being the burden, more the admin of friends & family machines.. You get the call every time from then on :-) It does have helpful email notifications also.

They also do a free home version of their firewall - which is also excellent, full VPN, Firewall, Web proxy and reverse proxy, should you host your own personal websites.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 4:54pm   #14

Joined Jun 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by movefast View Post
I agree - I wasn't referring to Sophos being the burden, more the admin of friends & family machines.. You get the call every time from then on :-) It does have helpful email notifications also.

They also do a free home version of their firewall - which is also excellent, full VPN, Firewall, Web proxy and reverse proxy, should you host your own personal websites.
Apologies if I gave the wrong impression; I totally backup what you originally said.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:11pm   #15

4 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
sminicooper, no worries - I just thought it was my as per usual badly written posts. I often look back at posts and wonder how the hell anyone was to derive anything from them :-)
Old Jan 15, 2017, 6:41pm   #16
Joined Dec 2016
Avira - free and really good. I've been using it for years
CurrentBill is offline   Reply With Quote