Gartley & Butterfly's

This is a discussion on Gartley & Butterfly's within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; I keep hearing these patterns work 70% of the time.... However do any of you guys trade these patterns exclusively? ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 17, 2006, 4:06pm   #1

3 Posts
Joined Nov 2003
Question Gartley & Butterfly's

I keep hearing these patterns work 70% of the time.... However do any of you guys trade these patterns exclusively? what kind of results can be acheived & last but definitely not least does anyone want to share their money management tips on these setups...

Please feel free to PM if you prefer

All answers appreciated.

Johnny
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 4:29pm   #2
Joined Dec 2003
I had a look at these patterns on a daily timeframe a while ago but was not convinced by them. The problem I found was that each pattern requires the coincidence of various Fib ratios to fall into line. If you look at a chart there are always a range of swing highs and lows you can choose to build your Pattern. There are various Fib levels you can use and you need to apply a tolerence to each or you will never get a pattern. It is all too easy to find candidate patterns everywhere. The main question becomes when is a Butterfly not a Butterfly etc.

I could not put together a plan that worked based on them. Thats not to say they don't work as some people (notably Larry Pesavento) swear by them.

Best of Luck

Gareth
garethb is offline   Reply With Quote