FYI: Traders/Quants communities dynamics

This is a discussion on FYI: Traders/Quants communities dynamics within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hi folks, The results of my research on traders/quants communities dynamics is HERE. Communities, that were analysed: T2W, EliteTrader , ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 26, 2006, 2:47pm   #1
Joined Dec 2005
FYI: Traders/Quants communities dynamics

Hi folks,

The results of my research on traders/quants communities dynamics is HERE.

Communities, that were analysed: T2W, EliteTrader, Wilmott, WealthLab...

Does anybody know any other similar communities?

Thanks.
Have a good one!

Last edited by Mattew; Apr 26, 2006 at 2:54pm.
Mattew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 3:00pm   #2

Joined Feb 2005
I dont understand what information you are trying to portray, other than the growth in forum memberships over the last few years?

What is the point/objective of this exercise?

Interesting articles about proprietary trading, including whether you should pay a prop firm for training (don't).
Directional is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2006, 3:52pm   #3
Joined Dec 2005
Mattew started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitrageur
I dont understand what information you are trying to portray, other than the growth in forum memberships over the last few years?

What is the point/objective of this exercise?
At the moment I am working on business-plan for Brillianto Analyst software (software for traders/quants). The growth in forum membership somehow shows the dynamics of trading market (interest to trading, trading software and services). That is my opinion on why communities dynamics can be interesting to the communiy.

I still have question on ”How many daytraders are there?”. The only information I have got is of the year 1999

Does anybody know any other similar traders/quants communities?
Have a good one!
Mattew is offline   Reply With Quote