Chat rooms

This is a discussion on Chat rooms within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by peto For me though a lot of your credibility was lost when you made a few losing ...

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Aug 27, 2005, 5:03pm   #8

Joined Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by peto
For me though a lot of your credibility was lost when you made a few losing trades early on and then subsequently claimed that it was a 'test' to see if we'd spotted your deliberate mistake (of buying on a falling market)! I thought you were joking initially. Sorry to hear the experiment ended in tears though.

pete
In the timescale I think many buy into the longer falling market to catch upmoves harder ,riskier? going against the grain so to speak but some do it, I dont see that as an issue for a scalper providing the method is still disciplined, ie stops entered and adhered to, 4 or 5 losses in a row? tough going but days like that may be encountered if you are not concerned or figure in the days longer trend... Im sure cj does hundreds of trades over the month and he will be open to public critique by posting, its a potential additional pressure as people will measure trade by trade and not perhaps after 300 . I still say well done to him,and others who also post live, many will not, dare not do it.........

And if all the fuss is about the above then ok its done, people are human, judge not least you be judged. Trading can get you all wrapped up some days and you cant see wood for the trees. Hence the need for stops and risk per trade allocation.

CJ youv'e done well,will do well mate ,thank you.

fx
Old Aug 27, 2005, 8:39pm   #9
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread Thanks for you comments fxmarkets

The day was a monday. It was a test, to see if anyone could see what I was doing wrong, buying in a fast down market, lost about 30 points in doing so. Then I asked questions, what I did worng,and nobody could answer a simple questions. The answer was trading against the trend.simple.But peto, you did not notice the other 30 points a made on the next 2 trades. on monday,The so called test day

You also forgot to mention the next 3 days where I made another +159 Dow points. Live trades. .

There was 20 in the room anyone else think I was out of order what ever I done? I KNOW OF 2 NAMES IN THE ROOM who are not keen to have me in there for some reason?

further more a guy came in to the room claming of trading 100 lots on the s&p.Most of my trades was against what he was doing, on one trade, I went long to take the high out. and he kept telling me, this trade wont work, I told him we see. he kept saying I know 100% this wont work. I said ok no worries its not a coemption if it wont work I look for another one. Anyway the trade works out, and this other guy was holding on to his short, as the market was bulling up, I never herd of him again. I think I know who he His, but im not 100% sure, so i wont say his name. but one thing I know people dont like winners, practically in the UK,

CJ

chat room name Sun123
Old Aug 28, 2005, 12:05am   #10

Joined Dec 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj12

The day was a monday. It was a test, to see if anyone could see what I was doing wrong, buying in a fast down market, lost about 30 points in doing so. Then I asked questions, what I did worng,and nobody could answer a simple questions. The answer was trading against the trend.simple.But peto, you did not notice the other 30 points a made on the next 2 trades. on monday,The so called test day

You also forgot to mention the next 3 days where I made another +159 Dow points. Live trades. .
CJ
I did notice the next couple of trades went well and do not doubt your abilities. Like I said, I did not join you in the room the following days (chat rooms not really my thing), glad you did so well. I was just suggesting that if you were to repeat the experiment elsewhere, then you would do well to pre-warn us that there might be some trades entered which would subsequently regarded as a 'test' and not your normal method.

You invited the criticism, or else I would not have posted.
Old Aug 28, 2005, 2:21pm   #11
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread Hello peto

I invite all criticism. But you needed to be in the room over a few days per se what i was doing. You came in the room on monday. where I done this test, it was only around 30 points loss. and as you now i made this back up. I was in the room a few weeks and never had a losing day.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 2:38pm   #12
Joined Jun 2003
Hi CJ i was in the room on the Monday and i cant think what you did wrong. Its always a shame when we can learn things from people but we dont get the chance to carry on because the person teaching is always ambushed by the minority. It happened to another trader who used to post live trades in the room. In the end they just feel like whats the point and leave. Its a shame as so many can benefit from peoples knowledge and experience.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 4:49pm   #13
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread I have delited the post to shut the numpties up

Last edited by cj12; Aug 29, 2005 at 6:38pm.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 6:06pm   #14
Joined Nov 2003
cj12 started this thread CJ

Last edited by cj12; Aug 29, 2005 at 6:38pm.
Closed Thread