TheBramble's Random Squawk

This is a discussion on TheBramble's Random Squawk within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Volatility Spread a no brainer in current market....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 28, 2012, 2:44pm   #29
Joined Jul 2003
Re: TheBramble's Random Squawk

TheBramble started this thread Volatility Spread a no brainer in current market.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 2:49pm   #30
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBramble View Post
Italian banking stock halted after fairly minor fall of 3.8%. Pussies...
Have they been watching the Spanish episode !

I can smell bank runs in the air...can't be much longer before the dodo hits the spinny thing.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/schum...c06c010184c684

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 2:57pm   #31
Joined Jul 2003

TheBramble started this thread Qatada deportation case to be delayed until October. If they make it after Christmas, he can do a panto stint as Captain Hook and earn some money for a change.
Old May 28, 2012, 3:02pm   #32
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:
SNB’s Jordan is still wibbling on about the 1.2 floor on the Swissy v Euro and steps being considered to protect competitiveness. What does Switzerland export anyhow? Most imagine it’s all financial services, but it’s actually pretty much the same as UK, around 70% fin.serv and 20% manufacturing, so it does hurt when they get beefed up by flight-to-safety fund inflows. (I assume the other 10% is chocolate, tourism, prostitution and clocks).
What is more interesting is that Swiss fin.min. Widmer-Schlumpf is considering capital controls. I did wonder how long it would be before these words were spoken out loud. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see that gather pace. Not just in Switzerland either. I do think a Euro breakup is less likely than likely in the short term. Greece’s exit more likely than not in the short term. But if the fit did hit the shand, the good old UK wouldn’t be too slow on the capital controls side. Worked in the 60s & 70s a treat. Constrict outward fund movement – constrict inward immigration.
Hey B

a shame about the Swissie.....I remember it frollicking alongside its friends the yen and USD with the carefree wind in its hair ....sigh

heres those 2 Euro and CHF amigos on a strengthmeter and the path is south at the moment for both of them.....but only because the SNB must be the only party buying Euro at the moment .....

N
Attached Thumbnails
under-pressure.jpg  
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 3:09pm   #33
Joined Jul 2003

TheBramble started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
....but only because the SNB must be the only party buying Euro at the moment .....
But they're not buying Euro.

Their Q1 deltas as follows - these are percentage increases of foreign reserves holdings cf end of 2011:-

They're buying GBP (+93%), USD (+12%) and JPY (+11%).
Old May 28, 2012, 3:23pm   #34

Joined Sep 2001

Quote:
Qatada deportation case to be delayed until October. If they make it after Christmas, he can do a panto stint as Captain Hook and earn some money for a change.
Yeah, let the scumbag enjoy the summer and finish the planning for his contribution to the Olympics.....
All for him playing Hook.......then he'll have all his benefits stopped if he's actually earning money. That'll reduce our national debt by a fair whack.

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2012, 3:24pm   #35
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP
....but only because the SNB must be the only party buying Euro at the moment .....

But they're not buying Euro.

Their Q1 deltas as follows - these are percentage increases of foreign reserves holdings cf end of 2011:-

They're buying GBP (+93%), USD (+12%) and JPY (+11%).

well blow me down......I figured they were keeping the peg by just flexing against the Euro...in large quantities............
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote