Trade: Obama born in Kenya

This is a discussion on Trade: Obama born in Kenya within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by eighteen i often think the whole obama in kenya thing is a poor attempt to hide the ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 23, 2012, 4:19pm   #41
Joined Feb 2012
Re: Trade: Obama born in Kenya

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighteen View Post
i often think the whole obama in kenya thing is a poor attempt to hide the swathes of racism still present in the us, its We don't mind a black prez, except this ones born in kenya!!! seriously no one believes it.
I often think this whole "you think Obama isn't great - you must be a racist" thing is a poor attempt to hide the fact that his supporters have no answer to the charge that he is an appallingly bad President (and that's a VERY competitive field - in recent decades alone we've had Carter, Clinton and Dubya). He should never have been nominated in the first place (even leaving aside the question of his legal eligibility).

"You only dislike him because he's black*, it's nothing to do with a genuine objection to the way he runs the country"!!! Seriously, no-one believes it.

It is extraordinary when you think about it. You have a young, inexperienced man whose resume is expensive education, community organiser (God only knows), couple of weeks in the senate and then saw a nice lookin' house on Pennsylvania Avenue. He has done nothing in his life, and yet the electorate feel this man is an appropriate choice to become the penultimate leader of the most powerful country on earth?

Racism might well have played a part in his career, but not in the way you think.

*Sort of.

Last edited by The Leopard; May 23, 2012 at 4:27pm.
The Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 4:38pm   #42
Joined Oct 2011

id like to congratulate you on taking the side of an argument that wasn't being discussed, my point was, when they can't say oh he's black he sucks, the racist elements just bring out the oh he's kenyan card. i never said i was supporting obama, and i never said everyone who criticises him is racist... i just said the whole born in kenya thing is an attempt to cover inherent racism. thats all.
eighteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 4:57pm   #43
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
id like to congratulate you on taking the side of an argument that wasn't being discussed, my point was, when they can't say oh he's black he sucks, the racist elements just bring out the oh he's kenyan card. i never said i was supporting obama, and i never said everyone who criticises him is racist... i just said the whole born in kenya thing is an attempt to cover inherent racism. thats all.
I was not "taking the side of an argument that wasn't being discussed". At least I think not - it is difficult to be sure, since your phrase does not make sense.

The point is entirely appropriate. You say concern over his eligibility based on the circumstances and place of his birth is not genuine but is in fact merely ineptly-cloaked racism. That might be the motivation for some.

It might also be that people are genuinely concerned about his constitutional eligibility (some people do think the law is worth observing and if needs be defending) to be President. There seems to be some evidence that requires explanation, such as the biography submitted to his literary agent, repeatedly updated and only amended immediately before he ran. Or the assertion of his grandmother that she was present at his birth in Kenya. There are other areas of controversy, although I cannot claim to be an expert in this case, as I have as little interest in this dimwit's place of birth as I have in the place of birth of the dimwit who preceded him.

This has nothing to do with race or party politics. It is entirely a question of law. Those who wish to settle this question should argue their case and not resort to intellectually bankrupt, morally repellent, cheap, lazy and groundless slurs such as accusing others of racism.

Last edited by The Leopard; May 23, 2012 at 5:17pm.
Old May 23, 2012, 5:19pm   #44
Joined Oct 2011

intellectually bankrupt is the side of people asking to see the presidents birth certificate, how dearly embarrassing for the whole of the usa, the rest of the world shook its head with shame. Of course its poorly veiled racism when they attack him on non political points, such as saying oh he's a kenyan. There is no intellectual point to saying he's a kenyan when he clearly isn't, its something continually trotted out by the far right lunatics who just don't wanna roll out the old "he's a nigger" card.

I will give you perhaps some are interested in the rule of law and following it to a tee, but I'm pretty sure its already been settled, the only morally bankrupt ones are people who are out of time,touch and ideas on which to attack the president, so they try to bring out this useless crap, which has proved to be groundless several times.

in short, the point had some validity, it was dispelled as untrue, the point should have died, it continues to live through hardline right wingers who can't admit they are just racists(or) lunatics, who can't attack him on policy issues.

the real tragedy here is for democracy, american politics is becoming a joke its all personal attacks all style no substance, smoke and mirrors ect, personal attacks such as the romney hair cutting, and the obama kenyan thing, are damaging to politics and make america look like a children's playground not a superpower.
eighteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Vorbis
Old May 23, 2012, 5:34pm   #45
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
intellectually bankrupt is the side of people asking to see the presidents birth certificate, how dearly embarrassing for the whole of the usa, the rest of the world shook its head with shame. Of course its poorly veiled racism when they attack him on non political points, such as saying oh he's a kenyan. There is no intellectual point to saying he's a kenyan when he clearly isn't, its something continually trotted out by the far right lunatics who just don't wanna roll out the old "he's a nigger" card.

This issue is not one of attack. It is one of fact - either he is eligible or he isn't. They are not attacking him because he is Kenyan or because he is black (although he isn't actually black, according to the New York Times), they are saying he is not eligible based on the circumstances of his birth.

You say "Of course its [sic] poorly veiled racism when they attack him on non political [sic] points". Are you sure? Can there be no other explanation? Might they not find him objectionable on other grounds than the colour of his skin? There are, for example, many politicians of the same race as me that I loathe and despise for reasons that have nothing to do with politics - their characters and their conduct, for example.

Your assertion is arrogant, prejudiced and simply incorrect.

I will give you perhaps some are interested in the rule of law and following it to a tee, but I'm pretty sure its already been settled, the only morally bankrupt ones are people who are out of time,touch and ideas on which to attack the president, so they try to bring out this useless crap, which has proved to be groundless several times.

I am not sure that it has proved to be groundless. How have the two pieces of evidence I referred to been dismissed, for example? They might have been - as I say, I have no interest in where the President of the United States is born, especially since almost everyone who runs for the post would by rights struggle to find employment as ballast.

in short, the point had some validity, it was dispelled as untrue, the point should have died, it continues to live through hardline right wingers who can't admit they are just racists(or) lunatics, who can't attack him on policy issues.

He is constantly attacked on policy issues, with justification. His policies are appalling. He seems to have seen his predecessors setting course for the edge of the cliff and decided to jump on the accelerator.

the real tragedy here is for democracy, american politics is becoming a joke its all personal attacks all style no substance, smoke and mirrors ect, personal attacks such as the romney hair cutting, and the obama kenyan thing, are damaging to politics and make america look like a children's playground not a superpower.
I agree that American politics is a joke, although this is not new. It is over a decade ago, for example, that the American people were offered, in apparent seriousness, a choice between Al Gore and George W Bush. This is like a choice between eating diarrhoea which has dehydrated somewhat and partially set and a solid stool which has been watered down a little and mashed.
Old May 23, 2012, 7:18pm   #46

Joined Sep 2005

Depth Trade started this thread

Happy New Year: Obama Signs NDAA, Indefinite Detention Now Law of the Land

President signs authorization to indefinitely detain, torture and deny trial to Americans; grants power to all future presidents.
» Happy New Year: Obama Signs NDAA, Indefinite Detention Now Law of the Land Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Old May 23, 2012, 7:38pm   #47
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depth Trade View Post

Happy New Year: Obama Signs NDAA, Indefinite Detention Now Law of the Land

President signs authorization to indefinitely detain, torture and deny trial to Americans; grants power to all future presidents.
» Happy New Year: Obama Signs NDAA, Indefinite Detention Now Law of the Land Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
The provisions of that law were blocked. But why blame just Obama? Congress created it and passed it long before he signed it.

Military Detention Law Blocked by New York Judge - Bloomberg

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Liquid validity
Old May 23, 2012, 7:51pm   #48
Joined Sep 2010

Arizona elections chief says satisfied Obama a citizen | Reuters

Click the image to open in full size.
Liquid validity is offline   Reply With Quote