Trade: Obama born in Kenya

This is a discussion on Trade: Obama born in Kenya within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by new_trader time to unsubscribe. A small victory for the future of sensible debate on this thread. Now ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 23, 2012, 10:44am   #36
Joined Jul 2003
Re: Trade: Obama born in Kenya

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
time to unsubscribe.
A small victory for the future of sensible debate on this thread.

Now children, NT has said he's unsubscribed, but if any of you spot him, you shout out "He's over there miss!!!".
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 10:44am   #37
Joined Sep 2008

You guys sure know how to beat a dead horse.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 10:49am   #38
Joined Jul 2003

I think the point is, if you’re a Democrat you’re likely to be saying if the guy’s good (or at least not too bad) what does it matter that may or may not have been elected on the basis of incorrectly interpreted ambiguous and impenetrable constitution.

If you’re a Republican, you’ll probably insist that where there is any cause for questions of irregularity to be brought, they should be, even (especially) retrospectively.

It’s all opinion and for that, water under the bridge.
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old May 23, 2012, 3:46pm   #39
Joined Oct 2011

i often think the whole obama in kenya thing is a poor attempt to hide the swathes of racism still present in the us, its We don't mind a black prez, except this ones born in kenya!!! seriously no one believes it.
eighteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 3:50pm   #40
Joined Jul 2003

Yeah, but it's only those bloody Hispanics that are racist...
Old May 23, 2012, 4:19pm   #41
Joined Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by eighteen View Post
i often think the whole obama in kenya thing is a poor attempt to hide the swathes of racism still present in the us, its We don't mind a black prez, except this ones born in kenya!!! seriously no one believes it.
I often think this whole "you think Obama isn't great - you must be a racist" thing is a poor attempt to hide the fact that his supporters have no answer to the charge that he is an appallingly bad President (and that's a VERY competitive field - in recent decades alone we've had Carter, Clinton and Dubya). He should never have been nominated in the first place (even leaving aside the question of his legal eligibility).

"You only dislike him because he's black*, it's nothing to do with a genuine objection to the way he runs the country"!!! Seriously, no-one believes it.

It is extraordinary when you think about it. You have a young, inexperienced man whose resume is expensive education, community organiser (God only knows), couple of weeks in the senate and then saw a nice lookin' house on Pennsylvania Avenue. He has done nothing in his life, and yet the electorate feel this man is an appropriate choice to become the penultimate leader of the most powerful country on earth?

Racism might well have played a part in his career, but not in the way you think.

*Sort of.

Last edited by The Leopard; May 23, 2012 at 4:27pm.
The Leopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 4:38pm   #42
Joined Oct 2011

id like to congratulate you on taking the side of an argument that wasn't being discussed, my point was, when they can't say oh he's black he sucks, the racist elements just bring out the oh he's kenyan card. i never said i was supporting obama, and i never said everyone who criticises him is racist... i just said the whole born in kenya thing is an attempt to cover inherent racism. thats all.
eighteen is offline   Reply With Quote