Trade: Obama born in Kenya

This is a discussion on Trade: Obama born in Kenya within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by trendie The Constitution is replete with "amendments", so is not set in stone. The notions of citizenship ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 23, 2012, 9:53am   #21

Joined Jan 2006
Re: Trade: Obama born in Kenya

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendie View Post
The Constitution is replete with "amendments", so is not set in stone. The notions of citizenship will change, since the world is more inter-connected than ever before.
The US constitution was written to limit the powers of Government and to preserve private property rights and freedom for the people. These concepts don't change with time. The Government has no assumed powers, it can only do what the constitution allows it to do. The President's oath is "I promise to preserve, defend and uphold the Constitution".

American citizens are slowly but surely losing the freedom that made the country the richest in the world and the result is they are becoming a 3rd world country.

CLICK - My Trading Journal | SEARCH: soundmoneyproject.org |
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: The Leopard
Old May 23, 2012, 10:03am   #22
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
I've lived in two different countries, not a few, but still. If there is more to everything than you think you know, what is the harm in trying to discover it through analysis and intense debate? If character and intelligence is all that matters why are you promoting ignorance?
No one is bashing analysis or debate, certainly not me.
Its simply an issue of prioritising your time.
As far as Obama goes, whats the worst case outcome of this whole citizenship debate - an election...

As for birthplace, are children of U.S. service personnel born overseas
not U.S citizens?
Even if there is any truth in the Kenyan link, he has enough for U.S. citizenship.
As for nit picking in the constitution - well its out of date simple as that.
List of amendments to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, I'm not anti or pro Obama.
For me politics is just preference cycles.
Example - 70's stagflation in UK - chop and change between Labour and Conservative.
Reason - the only fix for the problems of that era were time, plain and simple.
Politicians don't have the luxury of time, so resort to short term sticky plasters,
hence the chop and change.
Liquid validity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 10:08am   #23
Joined Apr 2012

Quote:
I've lived in two different countries, not a few, but still. If there is more to everything than you think you know, what is the harm in trying to discover it through analysis and intense debate? If character and intelligence is all that matters why are you promoting ignorance?
For one to get with the changing times is not promoting ignorance. For one to basically argue an opinion and not be open to reality is ignorance.
degurube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 10:14am   #24

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by degurube View Post
For one to get with the changing times is not promoting ignorance.
What? Saying "Best to get with and profit of your edge" is basically saying you aren't interested in understanding why things are changing, just get with...whatever 'with' is. This is ignorance.

Old May 23, 2012, 10:20am   #25

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid validity View Post
No one is bashing analysis or debate, certainly not me.
Its simply an issue of prioritising your time.
As far as Obama goes, whats the worst case outcome of this whole citizenship debate - an election...

As for birthplace, are children of U.S. service personnel born overseas
not U.S citizens?
Even if there is any truth in the Kenyan link, he has enough for U.S. citizenship.
As for nit picking in the constitution - well its out of date simple as that.
List of amendments to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW, I'm not anti or pro Obama.
For me politics is just preference cycles.
Example - 70's stagflation in UK - chop and change between Labour and Conservative.
Reason - the only fix for the problems of that era were time, plain and simple.
Politicians don't have the luxury of time, so resort to short term sticky plasters,
hence the chop and change.
The constitution is not out of date. Limiting the powers of Government never goes out of date. Why not just have a document that says "The Government can do whatever it wants"?

Old May 23, 2012, 10:26am   #26
Joined Jul 2003

Quote:
If there is more to everything than you think you know, what is the harm in trying to discover it through analysis and intense debate? If character and intelligence is all that matters why are you promoting ignorance?
There is always more to everything than you think you know.

The harm in ‘analysis and intense debate’ is that in and of itself, it’s quite pointless unless you have sufficient capacity, data and intelligence to do the analysis and somebody with similar and additional empirical knowledge than you. The additional problem with this is the impression analysis and useful debate has been made, as has progress. That is rarely the case.

There’s no point discussing issues with anyone that doesn’t have more knowledge on the subject that do you. Opinions are freely provided and normally worthless.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2012, 10:30am   #27
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
The constitution is not out of date. Limiting the powers of Government never goes out of date. Why not just have a document that says "The Government can do whatever it wants"?
If that were the case it never would have been ammended in the past to suit that point in time.
Every one of those amendments would have been contentious at the time...
Look, for me this is a moot point, debate for the sake of it, no offence.
No more from me
Old May 23, 2012, 10:33am   #28

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid validity View Post
If that were the case it never would have been ammended in the past to suit that point in time.
Every one of those amendments would have been contentious at the time...
Look, for me this is a moot point, debate for the sake of it, no offence.
No more from me
OK

But let’s make one thing clear, Constitutional amendments have a procedure. The Government can’t simply say “I don’t like this bit” and make a change to it. There are essentially two ways spelled out in the Constitution for how to propose an amendment.

Old May 23, 2012, 10:33am   #29
Joined Sep 2010

Quote:
OK

But let’s make one thing clear, Constitutional amendments have a procedure. The Government can’t simply say “I don’t like this bit” and make a change to it.
Completely agree
Old May 23, 2012, 10:34am   #30
Joined Apr 2012

[QUOTE=new_trader;1862248]What? Saying "Best to get with and profit of your edge" is basically saying you aren't interested in understanding why things are changing, just get with...whatever 'with' is. This is ignorance.[/QUOTE

I believe the most important thing is to understand why things are changing and then profit of it....this is what 'best to get with it and profit of your edge' is all about. However, trying to discount the fact of reality that things are changing or trying to argue against the change is ignorant.
degurube is offline   Reply With Quote