One entity trading on several markets question...

This is a discussion on One entity trading on several markets question... within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hi all, i'm new to the forum. My question is about financials. Example a huge company like HAL trades on ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 3, 2012, 7:05pm   #1

4 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
One entity trading on several markets question...

Hi all, i'm new to the forum. My question is about financials. Example a huge company like HAL trades on several markets world wide. Say on the NYSE it's $39 a share, on the Berlin exchange it's $25 a share.

How does the fact that it trades on several markets worldwide effect me as an individual investor?

Also, if I look at the financials(balance sheet/income statement), are the shares outstanding for the entire world? And the differences in prices on the various world markets represent the p/e Multiple that those markets demand for the stock?

Thanks,
rnorman3
rnorman3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:26am   #2

Joined Mar 2005
Re: One entity trading on several markets question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnorman3 View Post
Example a huge company like HAL trades on several markets world wide. Say on the NYSE it's $39 a share, on the Berlin exchange it's $25 a share.
Please if you see something like that again notify this group immediately
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:15pm   #3

4 Posts
Joined Jan 2012

rnorman3 started this thread hahaha, I see what your getting at 8-)
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:02pm   #4
Joined Jan 2009

Wouldn't it be Euro denominated in Berlin? Do you mean $34 for the NY listing? Unless the listings represent different HAL corporations, I doubt there is any material difference in price.
Dommo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2012, 1:06pm   #5
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

any localised market differences in value for a global stock will be for a good
reason believe me.....

N
Trading Forex strengthmeters for over 14 years and happy to help ! What is a Forex Strengthmeter ? http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...rs-basics.html The FXCorrelator - All my Indicators & simple systems http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...ml#post2197030My Profile - http://www.trade2win.com/articles/19...er-profile-nvp
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:50am   #6

4 Posts
Joined Jan 2012

rnorman3 started this thread OK, my bad, I see now, the stock is supposed to trade at the exact same price in USD on every market it's traded on...duh? I guess that's right.

So, another question, probably equally as stupid, when a stock opens up in the morning...is it opening at the same asking price it's at( or previously closed at) on another market to the east?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:58am   #7

4 Posts
Joined Jan 2012

rnorman3 started this thread Please, no one has an answer for this question?:

"So, another question, probably equally as stupid, when a stock opens up in the morning...is it opening at the same asking price it's at( or previously closed at) on another market to the east?"

Thanks.