German Bond Auction Failure Today

This is a discussion on German Bond Auction Failure Today within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; German Bond auction fails to attract sufficient buyers - is this a worrying development in the ongoing Eu crisis - ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 23, 2011, 4:15pm   #1

Joined Jan 2003
German Bond Auction Failure Today

German Bond auction fails to attract sufficient buyers - is this a worrying development in the ongoing Eu crisis - ie - is the market going straight for the heart now after wounding the peripheraral body parts of the Eu ?

Germany's Bond-Auction Fail: Here's What It Means - MarketBeat - WSJ

The centre is not holding: German bond auction falls short | TradingFloor.com

G/L

Last edited by bbmac; Nov 23, 2011 at 4:33pm.
bbmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 4:22pm   #2

Joined Feb 2009
re: German Bond Auction Failure Today

No, this is the mkt giving up on the EUR... Nobody wants to own anything, esp if it's EUR-denominated.
Old Nov 23, 2011, 4:38pm   #3

Joined Jan 2003

bbmac started this thread Certainly Eurusd has reacted accordingly today with a downside breech of daily support and ascending trend line.,...daily candle not closed yet of course but looking very bearish so far. How keen will Germanuy be now for ECB to be active in bond market ? - might this be a precursor to the long anticipated 'big bazooka' / game changing/get ahead of the curve by the Eu politicians ?

G/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinghoul View Post
No, this is the mkt giving up on the EUR... Nobody wants to own anything, esp if it's EUR-denominated.
Attached Thumbnails
z.jpg  
Old Nov 23, 2011, 5:10pm   #4

Joined Oct 2010

Any seasoned trader who has made big money in trading world would be able to tell you that EUR is going to die.

It never picked up steam from the very time it was launched. The yearly chart looks like a failed IPO.
safvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 5:21pm   #5

Joined Dec 2009

This is merely investors way of telling the central banks to sort their sh1t out.
I cannot see., however why we should expect to find a "system" which will work in the stock market; surely the possibilities of profits for the student justify the time and effort required to learn market interpretation.

Humphrey B Neill - 1931
DionysusToast is offline Software vendor   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 5:44pm   #6

Joined Jan 2006

This is investors (quite rightly) saying to Governments that because of all this inflation you are creating we want higher interest rates for our loans to you. The Governments are saying f*ck you, we’ll just get our Central Banks to print up the money and buy our debt so we can continue to borrow and spend cheaply and recklessly, suck on that gold standard!

CLICK - My Trading Journal | SEARCH: soundmoneyproject.org |
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2011, 7:12pm   #7

Joined Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
This is investors (quite rightly) saying to Governments that because of all this inflation you are creating we want higher interest rates for our loans to you. The Governments are saying f*ck you, we’ll just get our Central Banks to print up the money and buy our debt so we can continue to borrow and spend cheaply and recklessly, suck on that gold standard!
Inflation? In the EMU? What planet are you on, n_t? Furthermore, what does this rant have to do with German debt? The ECB is NOT printing the money and NOT buying German bonds.

I know you have strong views on these subjects, but don't you think it's sometimes appropriate to think before you start with the slogans?