German Bond Auction Failure Today

This is a discussion on German Bond Auction Failure Today within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; You have to admire the German stance on the ECB involvement in all of this. Merkels recent speach was especially ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:58pm   #21
Joined Jun 2011
Re: German Bond Auction Failure Today

You have to admire the German stance on the ECB involvement in all of this. Merkels recent speach was especially encouraging. At least to this point they are proving themselves to be a cut above the rest.

Long may it continue.
YouAreNotFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:14pm   #22

Joined Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt View Post
MG few questions if yo might, chaperoo.
Is it strictly true that the auctions are priced so that there is no economic benefit or non-arb potential on issuance?
Is actual yield dynamic depending on price of the bond or do rates always adjust accordingly?
Not sure what you mean.

Auctions are priced based on the supply/demand dynamics and the exact methodology varies by issuer.

Prices and yields are one and the same, really.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:29pm   #23

Joined Apr 2010

I'll come back to you when I figure out how to put exactly what I'm thinking into words.

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2011, 6:59pm   #24

Joined Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by scose-no-doubt View Post
I'll come back to you when I figure out how to put exactly what I'm thinking into words.
No probs...
Old Nov 26, 2011, 12:38pm   #25

Joined Apr 2010

hungover...

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2011, 9:55am   #26

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_trader View Post
This is investors (quite rightly) saying to Governments that because of all this inflation you are creating we want higher interest rates for our loans to you. The Governments are saying f*ck you, we’ll just get our Central Banks to print up the money and buy our debt so we can continue to borrow and spend cheaply and recklessly, suck on that gold standard!
Quote:
German 10-year bund yields are higher this morning as a result, rising to 1.99% at last check. In comparison, 10-year US Treasurys are yielding 1.94%, and UK gilts are yielding 2.16%.
You call that yield with 3% inflation?

Quote:
Nov. 30 (Bloomberg) -- European inflation remained at a three-year high and unemployment increased to the highest in more than 13 years, undermining an economy already hit by a worsening fiscal crisis.

The inflation rate in the 17-nation euro area held at 3 percent in November,
Euro-Area Inflation Steady; Unemployment Hits 13-Year High - Businessweek

On top of all this, Central Banks are in a co-ordinated effort to create even more inflation!

CLICK - My Trading Journal | SEARCH: soundmoneyproject.org |
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:04pm   #27

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
This is investors (quite rightly) saying to Governments that because of all this inflation you are creating we want higher interest rates for our loans to you. The Governments are saying f*ck you, we’ll just get our Central Banks to print up the money and buy our debt so we can continue to borrow and spend cheaply and recklessly, suck on that gold standard!
Only a modern economist can think there is no inflation

General Mills - Financial News Release

General Mills Reports Results for Fiscal 2012 Third Quarter
Company Reaffirms Full-year EPS Guidance

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar. 21, 2012-- General Mills (NYSE: GIS) today reported results for the third quarter of fiscal 2012.

Fiscal 2012 Third Quarter Financial Summary

•Net sales grew 13 percent to $4.12 billion. The international Yoplait acquisition completed in July 2011 contributed 8 points of net sales growth.

•Segment operating profit rose 1 percent to $675 million, including significantly higher input costs year-over-year and increased advertising expense.

•Diluted earnings per share (EPS) totaled 58 cents.

•Adjusted diluted EPS, which excludes certain items affecting comparability of results, totaled 55 cents, one penny below the year-ago level.

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Ken Powell said, “Our third-quarter results reflect strong worldwide sales growth for our business, but the 10-11 percent input cost inflation we’re experiencing this year pressured our margins. In the fourth quarter, we expect to generate continued good sales momentum and we anticipate that gross margin contraction will ease somewhat. This should result in renewed earnings growth as we wrap up 2012 and move into the new fiscal year.”

Outlook
General Mills reaffirmed its fiscal 2012 adjusted diluted EPS guidance of $2.53 - $2.55. This guidance excludes mark-to-market valuation effects, and integration costs for the Yoplait acquisition. “Fiscal 2012 has represented a challenging operating environment, with the highest level of commodity inflation that we’ve seen in 30 years,” Powell said. “But sales of our leading food brands remain strong in markets around the world, putting General Mills on pace to achieve record-level net sales and adjusted diluted earnings per share.”

Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:13pm   #28

Joined Feb 2009

Huh? You're barking up the wrong tree here, n_t. This is input inflation... Didn't the very same Ken Powell say that prices for consumers are going to stablize and that gross margins are likely to contract further?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:15am   #29

Joined Jan 2006

Huh? Now you're being silly Martinghoul. What planet do you live on? I wonder how long you are will remain in denial. Like JR says, if you did your own shopping instead of having your butler do it you would know what is going on.

Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:22am   #30

Joined Jan 2006

Quote:
Only a modern economist can think there is no inflation

General Mills - Financial News Release

General Mills Reports Results for Fiscal 2012 Third Quarter
Company Reaffirms Full-year EPS Guidance

MINNEAPOLIS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar. 21, 2012-- General Mills (NYSE: GIS) today reported results for the third quarter of fiscal 2012.

Fiscal 2012 Third Quarter Financial Summary

•Net sales grew 13 percent to $4.12 billion. The international Yoplait acquisition completed in July 2011 contributed 8 points of net sales growth.

•Segment operating profit rose 1 percent to $675 million, including significantly higher input costs year-over-year and increased advertising expense.

•Diluted earnings per share (EPS) totaled 58 cents.

•Adjusted diluted EPS, which excludes certain items affecting comparability of results, totaled 55 cents, one penny below the year-ago level.

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Ken Powell said, “Our third-quarter results reflect strong worldwide sales growth for our business, but the 10-11 percent input cost inflation we’re experiencing this year pressured our margins. In the fourth quarter, we expect to generate continued good sales momentum and we anticipate that gross margin contraction will ease somewhat. This should result in renewed earnings growth as we wrap up 2012 and move into the new fiscal year.”

Outlook
General Mills reaffirmed its fiscal 2012 adjusted diluted EPS guidance of $2.53 - $2.55. This guidance excludes mark-to-market valuation effects, and integration costs for the Yoplait acquisition. “Fiscal 2012 has represented a challenging operating environment, with the highest level of commodity inflation that we’ve seen in 30 years,” Powell said. “But sales of our leading food brands remain strong in markets around the world, putting General Mills on pace to achieve record-level net sales and adjusted diluted earnings per share.”
Real inflation Vs Government inflation.

General Mills confirms the reality while some continue to live in denial.
Attached Thumbnails
sgs-cpi.gif