How the spammers are doing it

This is a discussion on How the spammers are doing it within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; here's a zute quote you are kind and post helpful message most of those who want someone's information here seems ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:16am   #9

Joined Feb 2004
Re: How the spammers are doing it

here's a zute quote

Quote:
you are kind and post helpful message most of those who want someone's information here seems unbelievable
he did that, it's not copy pasted as far as i can find, he posted stuff like this for 3/4 months, 319 posts total. he was getting paid for sure, else why bother? but how?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:27am   #10

Joined Dec 2009

Perhaps that guy is just Chinese & actually a legit member - he's not regurgitating the Yahoo Answers is he?
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:33am   #11

Joined Feb 2004

he had the embedded link in every post, so was not an ordinary member imo

it was the yahoo brigade that spoiled it for the rest of them, as that drew attention (well, not admins apparently lol)
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:40am   #12

Joined Dec 2009

Aaah - I see - I guess the links got removed.

OK - his posts are generic, they are along the lines of a light pat on the back to the other posters in the thread.

It's possible he's got a program that generates this stuff or that he's just crap at English.

In terms of the URL, was there any reference numbers in it?

Like this
www.sssss.com/ref=128388727

or was it more like this
www.ssssss.com

I would presume the former - which could be used to track clicks that he generated.

Cheers

Pete
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:00am   #13

Joined Feb 2004

ok, i get the bit of the auto generation of the post replies, but there was never any link to click, and and no time was the link removed as it was not visible, apart for the red x of fail, i'm guessing that was when it failed to connect back to its link? only if you knew how to see it could it be seen, though it was at first difficult to "get" what you were looking at, as google wouldn't tell you , nor trying to access the site address directly from a browser, it had to be posted back in a post to see what it was all about, which i did in the sandpit
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:31am   #14
Joined Sep 2009

i remember in my SEO days to increase page ranking in google you would create as many backlinks to your site, mostly they were white on white so people wouldn't see it but search engine spiders would. Maybe some form of payment came from how many links were created and clicked on?

I think google stopped the hidden URL thing it many many yrs ago
gktk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:45am   #15
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by gktk View Post
i remember in my SEO days to increase page ranking in google you would create as many backlinks to your site, mostly they were white on white so people wouldn't see it but search engine spiders would. Maybe some form of payment came from how many links were created and clicked on?

That makes more sense to me. T2W ranks very highly in google so perhaps they assume back links from T2W are valuable. Although if you say that google can detect and ignore those then maybe they were wasting their time.

The marketing of the software that Pete found screams scam so maybe someone was fooled into buying it not knowing it wouldnt make them any money.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:56am   #16

Joined Feb 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by gktk View Post

i think it's a php script or something like that? rather than an url. although sites are mixed up in all this, as a site is involved in the tiny gif image that the "script" is hidden within, one is dependant on the other, if you try access the www .???.php directly then you end up at the site where the gif image is stored. all rather confusing as to the mechanics of it