What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading?

This is a discussion on What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by BeginnerJoe I think he means to say it's a gamble. Joe, me going out without reinforced underpants ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:35pm   #65
Joined Sep 2011
Re: What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeginnerJoe View Post
I think he means to say it's a gamble.
Joe, me going out without reinforced underpants is a gamble. I could double up regular pants - that might contain the beast. But probably not. It will most likely break free.

Yes, kevlar underpants are a necessity when you're packing a schlonger like this one.
Jimmy Lulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:41pm   #66

Joined May 2009
Re: What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Lulz View Post
Joe, me going out without reinforced underpants is a gamble. I could double up regular pants - that might contain the beast. But probably not. It will most likely break free.

Yes, kevlar underpants are a necessity when you're packing a schlonger like this one.
Don't flatter yerself Jimbo, Its only a notional 7% of men who want to assault yer jaxi.
xxxxxxxxx:h eart:
Bint_Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 2:47pm   #67
Joined Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bint_Crusher View Post
Don't flatter yerself Jimbo, Its only a notional 7% of men who want to assault yer jaxi.
xxxxxxxxx:h eart:
You are wrong, Bingo Cushion. I was not referring to the danger of getting bum-raided up the jack-see. The danger is that my donger might break free of it's flimsy confines and go on a rampage.

Now, with regard to the 7%. I would imagine a lot of notionally-straight fellas would fancy a ride, so you are wrong there also.

But I thank you for alerting me, I had not considered the possibility. In future I shall take care to have a reinforced back-panel as well as pouch and gusset.
Jimmy Lulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:47am   #68
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Dear XyZ Forum users

I am a Newbie here and eager to learn about Forex markets

Has anyone seen this site?......is it any good ?
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Jimmy Lulz
Old Sep 17, 2011, 7:52am   #69
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
Peter, it is something more than that. It shows a complete lack of respect for the money that they are frittering away. I know that money has lost a tremendous amount of value over the decades that I have been here but, still, whether GBP/$US/ Euros, 25000 is a lot of money and represents, in many cases, much hard work.

Because they do not respect it, they throw it at the markets but the people taking that money do respect it. That is the difference between one side and the other.
but dont you think that you have to disconnect yourself from the intrinsic value of money to trade effectively ?

N
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 8:23am   #70

Joined Dec 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
Dear XyZ Forum users

I am a Newbie here and eager to learn about Forex markets

Has anyone seen this site?......is it any good ?

thats my fav
moonblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:46am   #71
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVP View Post
but dont you think that you have to disconnect yourself from the intrinsic value of money to trade effectively ?

N
I agree you should disconnect yourself from the dollars & cents while you are in a trade or you will tend to make decisions based solely on the position's dollar value rather than sound trading techniques.

I think what Split means is more along the lines of people just throwing $20000 into an account and saying, "whoohoo, here we go", and not really having any plan or method.

Peter
wackypete2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:36pm   #72

Joined May 2009

I'm interested in spread trading Copper and Platinum. Do I need a spread betting account?
Bint_Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: MajorDutch