What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading?

This is a discussion on What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by forker I forgot one 95% of traders lose. I think this is very popular saying, is it ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 13, 2011, 11:05pm   #41

Joined Dec 2010
Post Re: What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
I forgot one

95% of traders lose.
I think this is very popular saying,
is it there to scare you of learning to trade in the first place ?
just wonder what the truth really is ?

I dont think that all here are vell educated traders
turboonostrilvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:11am   #42
Joined Jun 2011
Re: What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboonostrilvision View Post
I dont think that all here are vell educated traders
Will formal education make people better in gambling then ?
BeginnerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:24am   #43

Joined Apr 2010
Re: What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeginnerJoe View Post
well yes, depending on the subject. Statistics for example. I remember Arabianights told a story of how he used sports betting to arb his way to a "handsome" 7p return. Those geezers down in william hill will never learn yer dat!

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 6:31am   #44
Joined Sep 2011

Quote:
Above-Average Math skills are beneficial.
the_coumiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2011, 12:27pm   #45

Joined Dec 2010
Post Re: What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading

Quote:
it will definetely not make them better in gambling
btw . what you mean when u say gambling ?
turboonostrilvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 6:44am   #46
Joined Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboonostrilvision View Post
it will definetely not make them better in gambling
btw . what you mean when u say gambling ?
Gamble: offer money or something valuable on a bet. (Uncertain outcome). Hoping to win additional money or whatever you threw down with as your bet.

However, you'll hear that trading is not gambling since there are "many tools of the trade" to help you make an informed decision to make money. I guess the only traders that "gamble" would be the new ones that have no idea what they are doing?
the_coumiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 9:46pm   #47
Joined Mar 2010

Quote:
The USD/CAD is normally inversely correlating with EUR/USD. But today it's not working. Both fall at the same time since 12:00 GMT. So anyone knows what's going on ? I don't have a news source. Is some bad news expected for CAD ?
here we go
brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2011, 11:31pm   #48

Joined Feb 2009

"Don't trade that timeframe, it's all noise. Trade XX timeframe or higher"

"Price action/S+R/Market profile/TA/indicators don't work, and you'll never be able to make any money from them"

"Vendors can't trade and should be banned" (followed months later by) "my new website is..."

"I'm starting a journal to teach you all how I trade/want to give something back (lol)" (followed months later by) "my new website is..."

"Discretional trading can't work" or "I don't know any successful traders who trade that way..."

"I'm still sure the system works but..." (After someone just blowing their account, or continually trading a losing system)

"The algos are making it impossible for me to profit"
Shakone is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:16am   #49
Joined Aug 2008

MajorDutch started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakone View Post
"Don't trade that timeframe, it's all noise. Trade XX timeframe or higher"

"Price action/S+R/Market profile/TA/indicators don't work, and you'll never be able to make any money from them"

"Vendors can't trade and should be banned" (followed months later by) "my new website is..."

"I'm starting a journal to teach you all how I trade/want to give something back (lol)" (followed months later by) "my new website is..."

"Discretional trading can't work" or "I don't know any successful traders who trade that way..."

"I'm still sure the system works but..." (After someone just blowing their account, or continually trading a losing system)

"The algos are making it impossible for me to profit"
some good ones there mate.
MajorDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:20am   #50
Joined Oct 2008

This is how I trade the NFP.

We donít see things as they are. We see things as we are.
There is no Holy Grail. There is no perfect way to capture that move from $ 100/ ounce to $ 800/ ounce in gold.

Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote