What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading?

This is a discussion on What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading? within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by brettus after losing £25k. You got me. I laughed....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 12, 2011, 9:08am   #33
Joined Sep 2011
Re: What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettus View Post
after losing £25k.
You got me. I laughed.
the_coumiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 9:44am   #34

Joined Apr 2010
Re: What are the dumbest/most annoying things you have heard people say about trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by DionysusToast View Post
Where is Howard Cohodas?
I dunno but I know where his broker is

Click the image to open in full size.

Looks like Scose be trollin' 'aaaaard tho... as far as some are concerned!
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:17am   #35

Joined Jan 2006

I am verri busy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 11:48am   #36
Joined Nov 2001

The philosophical approach that says" I lost 25000 but, never mind, it will take me a few months to get some more together, then I'll be back again"

That, to me, is the stuff that make brokers happy men and keep markets moving.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 12:02pm   #37
Joined Sep 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitlink View Post
The philosophical approach that says" I lost 25000 but, never mind, it will take me a few months to get some more together, then I'll be back again"

That, to me, is the stuff that make brokers happy men and keep markets moving.
Split, it's obvious from some of the posts that several posters here and on the bad fill thread either don't trade or are very inexperienced or just don't completely understand how it works.

Peter
wackypete2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 1:16pm   #38

Joined May 2009

Right lets go make some money
Bint_Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 1:36pm   #39
Joined Nov 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackypete2 View Post
Split, it's obvious from some of the posts that several posters here and on the bad fill thread either don't trade or are very inexperienced or just don't completely understand how it works.

Peter
Peter, it is something more than that. It shows a complete lack of respect for the money that they are frittering away. I know that money has lost a tremendous amount of value over the decades that I have been here but, still, whether GBP/$US/ Euros, 25000 is a lot of money and represents, in many cases, much hard work.

Because they do not respect it, they throw it at the markets but the people taking that money do respect it. That is the difference between one side and the other.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wackypete2 , robster970 , G.O.A.T , MajorDutch , Jason101
Old Sep 12, 2011, 2:40pm   #40

Joined May 2009

From another thread about Forex.
I don't use a broker though.

I use esignal for my data feed. There are over 200 contributors to this feed. It is not one broker.

I'm also well aware of the differences between spot (tick volume) and futures volume.

This from a complete **** who has a strategy based upon spot forex volume. Like there is such an accurate reading.
Bint_Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote