What I have learned from trading: Year one

This is a discussion on What I have learned from trading: Year one within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by maxima I am not sure from your post - do you feel you are a success? and ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 29, 2011, 3:30pm   #16

Joined Jul 2010
Re: What I have learned from trading: Year one

iota started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxima View Post
I am not sure from your post - do you feel you are a success? and did you start with fortune? what was the initial size of your account from what you grew what you are calling a success now?
The current one started at £250, went up to almost £1.5k on the USD/JPY elevator ride a few months back and came crashing back to just under £100 on the same ride.
At that point I stopped looking for quick fixes and started taking positions/swing trading/whatever you'd like to call it.
Currently it's just under £400. Like I said I'm eeking (and from the figures you can see I really do mean eeking) out a profit, but it is a profit and I succeed much more often than I fail now.

As far as I'm concerned I'm getting there and gaining the knowledge and skill and making regular profit however small is the important part.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:03pm   #17

Joined Apr 2008

so roughly you need to grow your account 100 times to be able to live out of the profit....

tought isnt it?
maxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 6:09pm   #18

Joined Jul 2010

iota started this thread I'm figuring if I can take it to 10x the initial without dropping under the initial again, I'll look at putting real money in to an account. Until then I'm just in training and/or wasting my time.

And yeah, it is tough. And long, don't forget long.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:24pm   #19

Joined Apr 2008

I hear ya
maxima is offline   Reply With Quote