Another probability question

This is a discussion on Another probability question within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; I would never have 90% confidence. The only way you can be any more "confident" is to record what was ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:29am   #17
Joined Jan 2005
Re: Another probability question

I would never have 90% confidence. The only way you can be any more "confident" is to record what was thrown before.

If i threw a tails, the chance was 0.4 = 40%
I Threw again, the chance of another tails is 0.4 x 0.4 = 16% Threfore chance of heads = 84%
I Threw again, the chance of yet another tails is 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.4 = 6.4% therefore Heads = 95.4%

You could say "statistically" the chances of a heads are improving but they are still really only 60% each time as each toss is independant of the previous tosses

I think thats right. Would've been easier to look at google instead of giving me the opportunity to waste my time!
__________________
Coop


--Don't mock stupid dwarves. It's not big and it's not clever!--
coopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 6:23pm   #18
 
Hotch's Avatar
Joined Jul 2008
Re: Another probability question

Faith in humanity...waning....
__________________
I'm just the guy that never tried, I'm just the stupid **** with brilliant luck and sometimes a bright idea.
Hotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:30pm   #19
 
Emini-mouse's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
Re: Another probability question

your all barking up wrong trees on this thread
or im just barking
__________________
What's all this 'original' con?
We all live in the same museum
We all rearrange the same old song.
GN
Emini-mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:38pm   #20
Joined Jul 2003
Re: Another probability question

It's Ok, they're binary trees.
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:42pm   #21
 
Emini-mouse's Avatar
Joined Mar 2007
Re: Another probability question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBramble View Post
It's Ok, they're binary trees.
thats ok then
thanks
__________________
What's all this 'original' con?
We all live in the same museum
We all rearrange the same old song.
GN
Emini-mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2011, 7:45pm   #22
Joined Jul 2003
Re: Another probability question

Aw come on, that was quite clever; for this thread...
TheBramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delta & Probability Question Highlander1 Futures & Options 11 May 18, 2010 3:35pm
Basic Probability TheBramble The Foyer 125 Apr 29, 2009 8:38am
Think you know probability? Skill Leverage General Trading Chat 139 Feb 16, 2009 3:19am
Probability theory etc 0007 General Trading Chat 64 Jun 6, 2008 11:05am
Probability question WinstonSmith Psychology, Risk & Money Management 15 Apr 14, 2007 7:57pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)