51%

This is a discussion on 51% within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by trader_dante Just to mix it up a little bit, Shadow, would you say it is also a ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:18pm   #36

Joined Jul 2007
Re: 51%

shadowninja started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_dante View Post
Just to mix it up a little bit, Shadow, would you say it is also a gamble to go short now with the same stop and target?
To answer that would hamper my recommendation!

But I see no reason technically to be short for that size of stop. You might, of course.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:22pm   #37

2 Posts
Joined Mar 2011

I'm a newbie here on this forum, but I appreciate everyones thoughts and oppinions. Thank you in advance for any help, or suggerstions in the future.
Cheers
bob1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:39pm   #38
Joined Apr 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by trader_dante View Post
The actual number of trades in question is 45.
Thats less than the number of trades I take in a week and I constantly worry about my stats being based on an insufficient sample size !

How will you know when your methodology no longer works ? do you have a definate line in the sand that you wont cross ?
the hare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:52pm   #39

Joined Dec 2008

If TD gives us the mean and Standard Deviation of his 45 trades, I think I can work out the likelihood of him achieving this by accident.

But don't quote me on that.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:53pm   #40

Joined Jan 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by robster970 View Post
If TD gives us the mean and Standard Deviation of his 45 trades, I think I can work out the likelihood of him achieving this by accident.

But don't quote me on that.
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:54pm   #41

Joined Jan 2007

Anyway, having quoted you, no you can't unless he's been completely systemic which I substantially doubt.
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2011, 7:56pm   #42

Joined Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabianights View Post
Anyway, having quoted you, no you can't unless he's been completely systemic which I substantially doubt.
I would be working on the premise he is a machine, and having met him I can confirm he is at least not human.