Full time trading does it really pay

This is a discussion on Full time trading does it really pay within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by meanreversion Ok, so all we need to do is divide your returns by 4 or 5 to ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 16, 2011, 6:49pm   #91
 
HowardCohodas's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
Re: Full time trading does it really pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanreversion View Post
Ok, so all we need to do is divide your returns by 4 or 5 to convert it to a form we understand, right?
Does this assume my other accounts have zero return?
HowardCohodas is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 6:50pm   #92
 
fayalac's Avatar
Joined May 2008
Re: Full time trading does it really pay

To be honest i would not take that risk even if i were challenged....
To define risk?, well its simple i would not risk far than i would be able to lose.
I dont use stop, i try to get the most that i can of a single trend, if the trend changes i just close that position and follow it to the other side but i dont take every trend i find, i analyze the trend and decide if i enter on it or not.
__________________
Most people dont want to know the truth because they fear their dream will be destroyed....
fayalac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 6:52pm   #93
 
fayalac's Avatar
Joined May 2008
Re: Full time trading does it really pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
Does this assume my other accounts have zero return?
You never said that, but still too much
__________________
Most people dont want to know the truth because they fear their dream will be destroyed....
fayalac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 6:53pm   #94
Joined Jan 2011
Re: Full time trading does it really pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
Does this assume my other accounts have zero return?
What utter gibberish. Howie, it is posts like the one you've just made that prevent people from being able to take you seriously.
Pazienza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 6:55pm   #95
Joined Jan 2009
Re: Full time trading does it really pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
Does this assume my other accounts have zero return?
Pazienza is right .. this one is a complete howler.

How does the return on your other investments have anything to do with your short vol strategy....?
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 7:04pm   #96
 
HowardCohodas's Avatar
Joined Sep 2010
Re: Full time trading does it really pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanreversion View Post
Ok, so all we need to do is divide your returns by 4 or 5 to convert it to a form we understand, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by meanreversion View Post
Pazienza is right .. this one is a complete howler.

How does the return on your other investments have anything to do with your short vol strategy....?
Call me obtuse, but I really don't get how my returns in this account have anything to do with my total investment pot. I answered out of courtesy but have been lured into something quite unpleasant.
HowardCohodas is offline Other (Please email T2W with details)   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 7:09pm   #97
Joined Jan 2011
Re: Full time trading does it really pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
Call me obtuse, but I really don't get how my returns in this account have anything to do with my total investment pot. I answered out of courtesy but have been lured into something quite unpleasant.
I'm starting to wonder if this can all be due to genuine delusion. If it is, Howie is a serious case, and should probably be treated kindly and with indulgence.

Honestly, if he is genuine in this, we should be worried about him.
Pazienza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:36pm   #98
 
sinimini's Avatar
Joined Mar 2008
Red face Re: Full time trading does it really pay

__________________
Playing to Win.
sinimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:43pm   #99
Joined Jan 2011
Re: Full time trading does it really pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinimini View Post
LMFCO!

Howard Cohodas - soon to be travel agent and dedicated flogger of the () Trek Desk!

THIS is definitely the guy I need to teach me options trading! Howie, I take it all back - you da man! You really should be training the options geniuses of tomorrow, no really you should! Can you also recommend a good product to keep the neighbour's cat out of my garden? I also need to deter other pests, can you sell me something that will do this?

Click the image to open in full size.

LMFCALMFBOAW!
Pazienza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2011, 8:50pm   #100
Joined Jan 2009
Re: Full time trading does it really pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
Call me obtuse, but I really don't get how my returns in this account have anything to do with my total investment pot. I answered out of courtesy but have been lured into something quite unpleasant.
You claim (for example) +60% return, but in fact this is more like 10-15% return on your total trading pot (this is how every single person on t2w looks at it, apart from you).

Would you put 100% of your pot into your short vol strategy? Of course not. Thus, using sensible levels of risk, a meaningful stated return on your strategy is 10-15%, not the 60%+ you report.

I'm putting you on ignore, only the second person I've done that to. I don't know if you're a fraud or just deluded, but there is no value in reading your output.
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Full time trading versus part time... Chartsy General Trading Chat 140 Jan 11, 2011 2:04am
Full-Time Trading for Testing mrosbiston General Trading Chat 22 Apr 23, 2010 12:31pm
Trading While Working Full Time!? shallan First Steps 12 May 13, 2009 11:42am
Full Time Trading trigger First Steps 8 Apr 17, 2008 5:03pm
Trading full-time.... adam191 First Steps 5 Jan 31, 2007 9:59am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)