myfxbook

This is a discussion on myfxbook within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Originally Posted by drivatives Simple question Vaco, if you had 1k in the begining and now you made 2k profit ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 29, 2010, 2:22am   #16

Joined Apr 2004
Re: myfxbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivatives View Post
Simple question Vaco,

if you had 1k in the begining and now you made 2k profit (total is 3k). when you put a trade in the market, what could be your risk if you dont have SL? isnt it you 3k?**** knows I'd never have a trade without a sl

Unfortunately, I believe, in FX each time you trade is like you are Re-investing you whole money in the market unless you withdraw your existing profit.

Also, in addition, on Fxstat:

I can see my since inception return based on a % of original capital invested.
I can see my YTD return based on a % of beginning of the year capital invested.
I can see my Monthly return based on a % of beaning of the month capital invested.

sounds great but does it work with non mt4 accounts

did you have a chance to read this article : http://blog.currensee.com/2010/07/me...o-it/#comments

yes but like I said I'm not looking at other traders accounts and if I was I would disregard those that hide their open positions. As my own holding period is very short this is not an issue for me.

I hope i made my point clear.
Currensee do not give you a % return per trade last time I checked it was updated on an end of day basis and as they are in competition with myfxbook that blog is biased.
Vaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:55am   #17
BSD

Joined Feb 2006

Hadn't heard of them before, sounds interesting.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 1:01pm   #18

1 Posts
Joined Feb 2011

I will look at it, it seems vey interesting.
I have seen Forex Managed Accounts companies that use both services. I guess they want to show different features to their clients.
StevenUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2011, 5:56pm   #19

Joined Aug 2008

How do they get equity graphs like this http://www.myfxbook.com/strategies/n...vcgmailcom/311 ? I'm guessing they can't be real otherwise they would own the world by now!
Old Feb 2, 2011, 10:37am   #20

Joined Jul 2008

Hotch started this thread That's just a backtest megamuel.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 12:48am   #21
Joined Oct 2008

Hello fxbookers,

I used to see a lot of links on T2W signatures to myfxbook but now there are none. Why is this?

Are people still using myfxbook? Has it lasted the test of time?

I have several accounts and have just recently been using a SLM spread betting account with MT4,

The idea is to use this SLM account to live forward test new strategies.

I wish to test about 4 different manually executed strategies as they set up during the day.

My question is can myfxbook record each strategy separately so I can score each strategy against the other? If so how do I tell it which trade comes under which strategy?

Does FXSTAT do this also? If so I am not very technically minded, so which one is the simplest to use.

Lastly what is the catch? This idea seems good and yet free.

Thanks

Jason
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:32am   #22

Joined Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason101 View Post
Hello fxbookers,

I used to see a lot of links on T2W signatures to myfxbook but now there are none. Why is this?

Are people still using myfxbook? Has it lasted the test of time?

I have several accounts and have just recently been using a SLM spread betting account with MT4,

The idea is to use this SLM account to live forward test new strategies.

I wish to test about 4 different manually executed strategies as they set up during the day.

My question is can myfxbook record each strategy separately so I can score each strategy against the other? If so how do I tell it which trade comes under which strategy?

Does FXSTAT do this also? If so I am not very technically minded, so which one is the simplest to use.

Lastly what is the catch? This idea seems good and yet free.

Thanks

Jason
I'm not sure but I think you would have to have 4 separate accounts with SLM do do that.
andycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:43am   #23

Joined Jul 2008

Hotch started this thread Jason,

If they're automated you can separate them by magic # and do analysis like that, you might be able to sort my comments now which would do you for manual, thought it would be a tad awkward.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:39pm   #24
Joined Oct 2008

Hi Hotch,

I know nothing about myfxbook so I am going to guess at your reply.

The first bit is pretty clear, auto trades can be independently tracked and analysed but not manually executed trades.

Now for the second part.

I think you are saying there is a section called “my comments” which can be filled out with each trade. And it may be possible to use this section to correlate each trade with the same information in the “my comments field” to analyse the group of trades all with the same set ups.

I.e. enter in the “my comments field” -Set up 1, Set up2, 3 and Set up 4. in order to group them together at a later stage.

Is this correct?

Thanks Hotch
Jason101 is offline   Reply With Quote