Fed Meeting

This is a discussion on Fed Meeting within the General Trading Chat forums, part of the Reception category; Hi Hi As im going to be sitting here at 6.15 GMT as my desk waiting for this fed announcement, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:59am   #1

Joined Sep 2008
Fed Meeting

Hi Hi

As im going to be sitting here at 6.15 GMT as my desk waiting for this fed announcement, just wondered what peoples views and strategies will be over the fed, going to be volatile for sure, surverys i have read this am predict 10 year fields down to 2.35% if they do 500 bln and 2.10% if they do over a trillion. Looking back to the last time the Fed did QE though we rallied that evening and in asia then sold off for the next few months ! Maybe avoid this evening and look to sell strength ?

Cheers

BG
Talbs! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2010, 10:06am   #2
Joined Jan 2009
Re: Fed Meeting

What would the market do if they announced no more QE and a shift to a tightening bias?
meanreversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2010, 10:11am   #3

Joined Sep 2008

Talbs! started this thread That would be be very nice, get short and ride the wave ! But not gonna happen this time round.
Talbs! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2010, 10:41am   #4

Joined Jan 2007

I'd cream myself if that happened
World's leading STIRs chatroom - www.propboards.com - register, then click on chat. Don't let the lack of posts on the forum put you off - the action happens in the chatroom. Targeted at locals, but hedge funds, brokers (including IDBs), market makers, and a few sizable amateurs are all represented. When it's quiet, banter is encouraged and anything goes.

No nuisance spread betters please. Anyone else welcome.
arabianights is offline   Reply With Quote