binary options?

This is a discussion on binary options? within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; hi guys, just wanted to know what the pro's in here think about binaries. Do any of you use them, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:02am   #1
Joined Aug 2008
binary options?

hi guys,
just wanted to know what the pro's in here think about binaries. Do any of you use them, and what do you think about the pricing of them etc?

Just started with them myself and at the moment i find trading them easier and more profitable than the spot fx. In the back of my mind however just got a feeling they are a bit mickey mouse. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

cheers - ian
doobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 5:33am   #2
Joined Sep 2012
Re: binary options?

Hi
Ok, I am getting annoyed. This guy above is basically trolling. This is pretty low and I am not sure why it's ok by the forums' admin to allow this link and not my posts. In any event, if this does get online, I suggest you do more reading from impartial sources and not just someone with a name like 1ycs5 - looks real legit no?

Binary options are in fact a great vehicle in the financial markets. But to declare that's it's more or less profitable than another financial instrument is not a fair assessment. Forex can be insanely profitable, I have been trading forex and still do since 1998. Binary options are just a different way of trading forex or other assets. It's still the same charts you are looking at, but instead of deciding the amount of pips you need in order to turn a profit, here with binaries you just need to specify the time needed for the market to rise or fall just 0.1 pips.

So it's sort of a inverted dynamic making it easier for the majority of people to get involved. So if you don't trade forex or binaries at the moment, binary options are an easier gateway to this world. But necessarily any more or less profitable.

Hope that helps a bit
davidfielder is offline Commercial web site   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:36am   #3
Joined Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfielder View Post
Hi
Ok, I am getting annoyed. This guy above is basically trolling. This is pretty low and I am not sure why it's ok by the forums' admin to allow this link and not my posts. In any event, if this does get online, I suggest you do more reading from impartial sources and not just someone with a name like 1ycs5 - looks real legit no?

Binary options are in fact a great vehicle in the financial markets. But to declare that's it's more or less profitable than another financial instrument is not a fair assessment. Forex can be insanely profitable, I have been trading forex and still do since 1998. Binary options are just a different way of trading forex or other assets. It's still the same charts you are looking at, but instead of deciding the amount of pips you need in order to turn a profit, here with binaries you just need to specify the time needed for the market to rise or fall just 0.1 pips.

So it's sort of a inverted dynamic making it easier for the majority of people to get involved. So if you don't trade forex or binaries at the moment, binary options are an easier gateway to this world. But necessarily any more or less profitable.

Hope that helps a bit
Current Binary Options brokers are thinly regulated , I would be concerned with sharks.....
Transparancy and client money safety don;t be sucked in to by Instant success of 70% ROI in 30 mins etc
there are I thinkl 60 sec Binaries also

By all means take market risk but to take this additional risk of dodgy brokers is susidal .. are there not enough scoundrels in teh FX market already?

Study Call or Put Option spreads on regulated exchanges you can construct your own Binary yourself even on Weekly OPtions! and your broker is likely to be regulated by SEC / SIPC cover etc

Be very carful about OTC ( Over the counter Financial products ) and it's operators
MK
moka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 10:11am   #4
Joined Sep 2012

Moka,
Nothing wrong with what you are saying. Frankly, I think you are right. Thing is, many people want a better and easier product than trading via an exchange and clunky trading systems that provide access. So yes, people are inherently willing to take on slightly higher risk in order to be able to trade in an easier manner.

However, as noted above, regulation does NOT insure you in any way. It provides no real safety in the end as you can see from the many forex brokers that have failed. Nonetheless, I still trade forex. I still trade forex both via a forex broker as well as via binary options

Not sure what that means but I guess I am like everyone else
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:47am   #5
Joined Aug 2012

David
So are you saying it is OK to have such situation!
"So yes, people are inherently willing to take on slightly higher risk in order to be able to trade in an easier manner."
In Australia Sonray Capital MArkets went broke witha 47M fraud that is not "slightly higher risk " The CEo is in Jail for 10 years..and we still think ASIC is a tothless watchdog
I guess if it had 47M clients with onlya $1 invested it woudl have ben OK too becasue everybody would have only lost $1 nothing to cry about!
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:49am   #6
Joined Aug 2012

I agree whoever designed Binary Option interface did a good job as they do look user friendly but does that make it OK for them to be unregulated! what sort of logic would that be? andw hat about lots of unsuspecting small investors? as soon as they see teh word Broker they thing everybody is aove board!
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:52am   #7
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.

Joined Jan 2003

Quote:
..This is pretty low and I am not sure why it's ok by the forums' admin to allow this link and not my posts...
We don't allow it but then we only become aware of these things if they are reported. You will note that the post you refer to is now gone.
Trader333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 1:23pm   #8
Joined Sep 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader333 View Post
We don't allow it but then we only become aware of these things if they are reported. You will note that the post you refer to is now gone.
OK - I think you are right in dumping that sort of thing
Low level trolling is pretty gross
Kudos