Options selling on futures markets

This is a discussion on Options selling on futures markets within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by russian_trader Hi! I am add two statements screens for the last quarter one of my clients. I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 19, 2017, 8:30am   #9
Joined Jun 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by russian_trader View Post
Hi!
I am add two statements screens for the last quarter one of my clients.

I am use Straits Finance and also I have a contract with them like FIB. Interactive Brokers are good broker, I am use him for trading stocks, but for options trading, in particular for selling options, he isn't good. Because options selling is margin trading. A lot of brokers use SPAN margin and it's good, but IB added Home Premium to margin for reduce their own risks. Thus the margin becomes very large.

If you have another questions I'm glad to answer on them.
What are the commissions at Straits? Minimum requirements to open account?

Thanks
Hittfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:27am   #10
Joined Dec 2017
russian_trader started this thread As I have a contract with them, I have spetial condition for trading. If you want to open account through me, you'll have $10 per round, and $10.000 minimum amount of account.

Last edited by russian_trader; Dec 19, 2017 at 11:01am.
russian_trader is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:10pm   #11
Joined Nov 2010
Russian_trader,

Thanks for the reply. I have about 20 years of straight options experience, but am new to trading options on futures. Although the mechanics are the same, there are some very important differences. One of which is that the margin requirements on naked futures options is much better than the margin on naked equity options. The second is that commodities (which is what I am hoping to get into, oil, gold, sugar) are much more range-bound than the equity markets due to the their very nature, and the lack of a dividend. Thirdly, I like the diversification which commodities would provide - currently I am almost totally equity bound, and this needs to change.
I have recently started looking at selling a iron butterfly spread on GC.
I'm happy to chat further by email with actual trade ideas and results.
(Facebook not an option, as I'm one of the 28 people left on the earth who aren't on Facebook.)
punjabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2017, 5:40pm   #12
Joined Dec 2017
russian_trader started this thread I'm ready to discuss the markets, but not through email. I suggest skype, whats up or telegram for this goal.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:55pm   #13
Joined Dec 2017
russian_trader started this thread I suggest fix oil position with smal profit. I fixed it in previous year, but forgot write here.