Options Broker Recommendation for International Clients

This is a discussion on Options Broker Recommendation for International Clients within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; Hi all, Can anyone recommend an Options Broker, with low commissions (obviously) that handles international clients. I want to open ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 20, 2017, 4:05am   #1

6 Posts
Joined Nov 2017
Options Broker Recommendation for International Clients

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend an Options Broker, with low commissions (obviously) that handles international clients.

I want to open a $15k account, but thought I'd throw this question out there first.

I'm considering running with Interactive Brokers...any thoughts?

Many thanks.
rosey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:32pm   #2
Joined Oct 2017
Hi, there's also:

Exante. https://exante.eu
Saxo Capital Markets. https://www.home.saxo/en-gb/

They can have lower margin requirements than Interactive Brokers.
(Although I prefer IB.)
Regards
clinician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2017, 12:16pm   #3
Joined Nov 2010
Interactive Brokers - have a great platform. A bit hard to get used to at first, but is very powerful.
Saxo - the platform is laughable - other than buy straight calls and puts, it doesn't allow for anything else. Want to sell a call spread? Gotta do it in two legs. And their comms are very high compared to IB. Once I've closed my current trades, I'll be looking at another broker.

This is all from a UK traders perspective, and if you are in a different country, your experiences may vary.
punjabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2018, 2:45pm   #4
Joined Apr 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by punjabi View Post
Interactive Brokers - have a great platform. A bit hard to get used to at first, but is very powerful.
Saxo - the platform is laughable - other than buy straight calls and puts, it doesn't allow for anything else. Want to sell a call spread? Gotta do it in two legs. And their comms are very high compared to IB. Once I've closed my current trades, I'll be looking at another broker.

This is all from a UK traders perspective, and if you are in a different country, your experiences may vary.

IB is probably the best all round. I have used them from both Europe and US and performance is the same, don't know what you meant by your experience may vary?
Bradtex is offline   Reply With Quote