Options broker ,, PLEASE

This is a discussion on Options broker ,, PLEASE within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; I'm looking for a options broker that want to take clients in UK. I tried some in usa but none ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Dec 15, 2016, 3:46pm   #1

1 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Options broker ,, PLEASE

I'm looking for a options broker that want to take clients in UK. I tried some in usa but none of them want non usa citizen , so right now my only good option is intereractive broker that is good but I need 10K to open an account and right now I haven't got it.
So, any other broker ?

thanks
relaxtrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2016, 10:33pm   #2
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxtrading View Post
I'm looking for a options broker that want to take clients in UK. I tried some in usa but none of them want non usa citizen , so right now my only good option is intereractive broker that is good but I need 10K to open an account and right now I haven't got it.
So, any other broker ?

thanks
Quite a few of the spread-betting companies offer the ability to trade options - however with higher transaction costs (in the form of wider spreads) and they don't require you to have a 10k balance.

There is a reason why proper brokers who offer proper options would like to have a proper account balance

And for a honest look into trading, check out my T2W member profile (published Dec2015)
options-george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2017, 8:15pm   #3
Joined Oct 2012
options brokers

Optionsxpress are good. I am considering trade station for lower fees.
Original Options Trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:16pm   #4
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Options Trader View Post
Optionsxpress are good. I am considering trade station for lower fees.
Yes it seems TS prices are significantly lower!!

And for a honest look into trading, check out my T2W member profile (published Dec2015)
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:34pm   #5
Joined Feb 2009
I'm trading with XTB but they don't seem to offer Options on their platform. Good luck with your search.
J2theFizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2017, 6:13pm   #6

1 Posts
Joined Mar 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by options-george View Post
Yes it seems TS prices are significantly lower!!
I also want to trade in stock options and stock futures in UK markets. Can someone please recommend a broker who allows both of these.

In a quick look, both options-express and trade-station appear to be US-focussed.

Many thanks.
VINASC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2017, 7:01am   #7
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by VINASC View Post
I also want to trade in stock options and stock futures in UK markets. Can someone please recommend a broker who allows both of these.

In a quick look, both options-express and trade-station appear to be US-focussed.

Many thanks.

You are right, both OX and TS are US orientated. For a UK focus, I would suggest Interactive Brokers. I have not used them personally but my understanding is that they cover all manners of options markets, as well as an array of futures markets.

Good luck.

Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:00pm   #8

3 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
ib sound good, except if you have less than 2 yrs option trading experience you must take an online test!

I have just opened a demo acct with saxo bank which seems easy to use.....
gezmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: options-george
Old Apr 5, 2017, 8:30pm   #9
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by gezmond View Post
ib sound good, except if you have less than 2 yrs option trading experience you must take an online test!
Wow, in my opinion, that is a fantastic idea!!

Did you have a look at the test?

I have continuously harped on about people trading options when they don't understand them enough - see this thread here

Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:05pm   #10

3 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Wow, in my opinion, that is a fantastic idea!!

Did you have a look at the test?

I have continuously harped on about people trading options when they don't understand them enough - see this thread here

No, I chickened out and am in the process of opening accts with optionsxpress and saxo instead 🙈😳
Old Apr 6, 2017, 1:45pm   #11
Joined Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by gezmond View Post
No, I chickened out and am in the process of opening accts with optionsxpress and saxo instead 🙈😳
Fair enough. Did you consider though that not being able to pass a test like that might indicate that you might want to do a bit more study first to make sure you understand everything?

Good luck in any case

Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:07pm   #12

3 Posts
Joined Apr 2017
Quote:
Fair enough. Did you consider though that not being able to pass a test like that might indicate that you might want to do a bit more study first to make sure you understand everything?

Good luck in any case
Thanks...its a fair point, I thought my lack of knowledge re exotic options might fail me!....I am only interested in trading cash secured puts and selling covered calls (if assigned) on safer blue chip companies as an income strategy...so the risk is the same (or arguably less) than just buying the underlying shares
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:39pm   #13
Joined Jan 2006
Great stuff.

So did you know for example that selling covered calls has the same risk profile as selling naked puts?

Well it sounds like as if you are not going to do anything too exotic, so hopefully you should be all right - but don't say I didn't warn you

Old May 4, 2017, 11:38am   #14

Joined Jul 2003
Saxo Bank is great - free educational events and demo platform
Windlesham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2017, 1:30pm   #15

2 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Is anyone in the UK spread betting options except for on IG index? they are very limited.

Thanks

Simon
learner_driver is offline   Reply With Quote