IS this Karen Supertrader story legit?

This is a discussion on IS this Karen Supertrader story legit? within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by mike8man cmipilot is right. Karen doesn't need to promote anything as she doesn't need any more money ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 21, 2014, 7:38pm   #201

Joined Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike8man View Post
cmipilot is right. Karen doesn't need to promote anything as she doesn't need any more money than she is making with her trading. She is not one who gives up trading because they can't and rips of so many newbies as so many 'trainers' do.. She has just agreed to 3 (or is it 4 now) interviews with what I understand to be, or have been, her broker, before he sold out to Ameritrade, who sold out to TD Waterhouse who have banned anyone in the UK from using the think or swim software as such trading might interfere with TDW's UK business - I don't see how as without it I would never use TDW. Anyway, how Karen got from about $600K to $200million in just 3 (or was it 4) years hasn't been explained to me - that I don't question. The amazing thing is that with all the up/down movements in the market in 2013 she, classed as a private trader, was still able to generate 27% return. Which on one hand doesn't sound a big options trading profit (but bigger than mine last year) - its the fact that she is able to manage an account size of $200m which is quite amazing in many ways.
You have that flipped TDA purchased TDW - well actually TDA was originally First Omaha Securities, Inc. known as Accutrade - fast forward through many acquisitions you have Ameritrade Holding Corporation which bought TD Waterhouse from TD Financial Group.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 10:01pm   #202

Joined Aug 2013
I wanted to add an update to this thread as it is still as relevant today as it was last year.

http://quantlabs.net/blog/2015/10/wa...ctive-brokers/
Old Nov 4, 2015, 12:22pm   #203
Joined Nov 2006
Such a shame that the link CostaKapo provided - thanks anyway - is to just about the worst presenter I've seen on Utube. He um's and r's so much that I have no idea what he is talking about.
Somewhere I came across another link to a quality professional and presenter who also ran through his understanding of Karen's trading BUT I didn't have time to watch/listen to much of it and can't find it again - can anybody advise?
mike8man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2016, 6:06pm   #204

6 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
Will there be a trial? https://www.sec.gov/news/pressrelease/2016-98.html
drmark27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:25am   #205

Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
- can anybody advise?
Go to tastytrade.com and search their old files.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:33am   #206
Joined Nov 2006
As her broker and presumably with access to all her trades, one would have thought that Sosnoff would have checked out her claims before allowing her to be interviewed by him! A few piles of egg on his face now!
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:41pm   #207

Joined Jun 2009
Quote:
As her broker and presumably with access to all her trades, one would have thought that Sosnoff would have checked out her claims before allowing her to be interviewed by him! A few piles of egg on his face now!
He's not her broker, and why 'egg on his face'?
Old Jun 2, 2016, 1:51pm   #208
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lloydbee View Post
He's not her broker, and why 'egg on his face'?
Interesting, I understood he was her broker at Think or Swim and possibly said close when he sold to Amritrade and then TDW, but I stand corrected if that wasn't the case. Can you enlighten us?