Follow the Smart Money / COT Analysis

This is a discussion on Follow the Smart Money / COT Analysis within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; Hello Rachas. Don't understand what either of you is talking about - but I love Oporto. Obrigado....

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:07am   #329
Joined Feb 2002
Hello Rachas.

Don't understand what either of you is talking about - but I love Oporto.
Obrigado.
tomorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2018, 2:52pm   #330
Joined Jul 2012
Dunstan started this thread Hi everyone,

The latest Commitments of Traders review is out.

Dow Jones-30
COT Change (52W) / C – 57%, LS – 42%, SS – 34% /
Huge bullish cot change signal, but we should not be surprised, since there has been a very large drop in prices. The signal suggests higher prices early this week.

Crude Oil
COT Extreme / LS – All Time COT extreme /
Last week’s decline may have confirmed the top we have been waiting for since we have had this all time cot extreme in the market.

Cocoa
COT Extreme / C – 65, LS – 64 report COT extreme /
Not much here… I’d say that the last major bullish cot extreme is still in place: I’m expecting higher prices to come.

You may want to check out the following cool video about FuturesTradingGuides.com, the service I have mentioned not long ago. They have enhanced their results page and you can now see the system’s performance on a longer time horizon!

All the best,
Dunstan

COT Charts
Attached Thumbnails
report6_dow-jones-30.png   report6_crude-oil.png   report6_cocoa.png  

Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2018, 4:27pm   #331
Joined Sep 2013
COT data shows past information if it provides edge on continuous basis and publicly available, efficient market hypothesis says this information is already priced in

Cot data has little benefit of course you can spot some interesting shifts in positions but you'll probably find it difficult to base any forecasts on them
gerryg is offline   Reply With Quote