Mentoring offered

This is a discussion on Mentoring offered within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by ZEN archer What about the destruction few years ago (March 2010)? Is that to be expected again ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:09pm   #22

Joined Jan 2012
Re: Mentoring offered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEN archer View Post
What about the destruction few years ago (March 2010)?

Is that to be expected again (part of the strategy) or was it a temporary 12 months' system failure?
Unfortunatelly there is not enough information for me to consider the offer

Best wishes
ZEN archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2012, 11:11pm   #23

Joined Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoknfx View Post
most people are not like me... they do not have it in em to be stupd about details like i do...
As an Options trader, if you want to succeed, you MUST keep it simple.

Sorry to butt in on your post Windlesham1 but good luck with your idea of Mentoring. I was where you are at now 3 years ago and I am sure it will be a long road, but a rewarding road if you are genuinely interested in peoples success.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 3:42am   #24
Joined Dec 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windlesham1 View Post
Hi,been busy but I think I should point out that I am looking to mentor people who I can see fairly locally. I would expect to see an account size of £25k,but don't worry there's zero chance of losing £25k. I would want people to understand fully what they are doing. I thought I did and spent 2 years catching up against a rising market.
I don't have to worry about which way the market is going so long as it stays within ±7% or so each month,and my own style produces bigger profits when the market does make bigger moves.
Have a look at monthly ftse100 data on Yahoo and see how little it moves each month to month while bumping around in a range.
I expect to have risk around 350 points above the index and up to 500 points below.
Is your strategy just to sell out of the money puts/calls?

I've seen so many people use this strategy and they 'think' their making bucket loads of cash only to get annihilated in one sharp move. I've known guys who know about the tail risk probability of getting destroyed yet can't help themselves leveraging themselves up and making bling bling money month after month, telling themselves they'll cut their losses when it all goes pear shaped.

Never happens
PualoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 7:52am   #25

Joined Jun 2009

Quote:
i appreciate your contribution, but i already have a mentor, and i do not need another, but thank you for the offer.

have a nice day.

zero/.
I hope you didn't take my message as an offer to mentor you? That was not the case I was just stating that to succeed one needs to keep trading simple.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:14am   #26

Joined Jul 2003

Windlesham1 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by PualoP View Post
Is your strategy just to sell out of the money puts/calls?

I've seen so many people use this strategy and they 'think' their making bucket loads of cash only to get annihilated in one sharp move. I've known guys who know about the tail risk probability of getting destroyed yet can't help themselves leveraging themselves up and making bling bling money month after month, telling themselves they'll cut their losses when it all goes pear shaped.

Never happens
I have been trading for 13 years,and I am not interested in selling a system or strategy or entering into conversations with crackpots who doubtless never make any money but choose to troll sites like this. I am......... m e n t o r i n g option traders. It is not about education,people do that themselves. I am really tired of the inanity of Trade2win guys, sorry.
I am only interested in real people who wish to trade options for a real living,and nobody needs complex quant style maths for that
Windlesham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: the hare
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:22am   #27

Joined Jul 2003

Windlesham1 started this thread
Quote:
this reminds me of those idiots that trade fx using some pivot point nonsense junk numbers that they calculate using some stupd calculator that they found on the web... oh my gawd.

and this is the forex pivot point calculator equivalent, i am guessing, to mr mentor's online bs calculator...

Pivot Point Calculator

he does not take his work seriously.

happy trading,

for me...

zero/.

http://smoknfx.com
If you are so clever why does your link just show a few losing trades genius?
You have no idea what trading is about,and I doubt you actually have made money. I have been posting my real trades on another site for several years along with other profitable options traders,so please if you are so clever,show us your alleged billions. Offer something positive.
You still have no idea what you are on about do you?
What on earth do you need your own calculations for? To trade your mum's fifty dollar account?
Windlesham1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2012, 9:45am   #28
NVP

Joined Jun 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windlesham1 View Post
I have been trading for 13 years,and I am not interested in selling a system or strategy or entering into conversations with crackpots who doubtless never make any money but choose to troll sites like this. I am......... m e n t o r i n g option traders. It is not about education,people do that themselves. I am really tired of the inanity of Trade2win guys, sorry.
I am only interested in real people who wish to trade options for a real living,and nobody needs complex quant style maths for that
W

why are you bothering ?....seriously ?

T2W is now becoming a zoo...worst i've seen it for a long time with a lot of banned people returning to the fold and acting like kids.....

and the Newbies are not prepared to spend even 5 minutes educating themselves ...let alone the 5-10+ years most traders need to become profitable and serious....

I actually understand where you are coming from ...but to be honest why not spend time making money trading and then use the downtime to do something more fun or enriching with your time

I find more recently that "rapping" with the current new batch of losers is both distracting and non profitable to me so am winding things down a litttle

regards
Neil
Trading Forex strengthmeters for over 14 years and happy to help ! What is a Forex Strengthmeter ? http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...rs-basics.html The FXCorrelator - All my Indicators & simple systems http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fore...ml#post2197030My Profile - http://www.trade2win.com/articles/19...er-profile-nvp
NVP is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote