Mentoring offered

This is a discussion on Mentoring offered within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; Originally Posted by YogiWhoWantsFerrari Hi Windlesham, I am really a rookie at this stage, but committed+eager to read, learn stuff, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 5, 2012, 8:52pm   #31
Joined Oct 2006
Re: Mentoring offered

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiWhoWantsFerrari View Post
Hi Windlesham,

I am really a rookie at this stage, but committed+eager to read, learn stuff, devise my own trading plan/strategy and hopefully not loose money . Am very much interested in having a mentor from whom I could pick things. Please PM me if you wish to take it further.

Thanks

YWWF
I thought you said you DIDN'T want to lose money. You just lost money by falling for some promise of easy riches from some guy on the Internet.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:49am   #32
Joined Aug 2012

How can anybody make out the diff between somebody getting a free of charge, trading group helping hand meeting club and somebody claiming to know "how to make consistant profits by" based on half cooked idea like Coverd call writing
As soon as someone says I wil mentor you.. no matter how genuine he/she is people have a right to ask the following Qeestion"
Ok Mr So you claim to " know" so how about showing that you have realy made money by risking your own money via Broker statements"
You can't blame or dismiss this question
There are lot of snake oil salespeople out there
Many hiding under "We are educators" "not advisors" but at the end of the day they are advicing ...peopl e can loos real money by blindly believeing in such a things worst of that person is seling the "Money making system"
moka2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 7:33am   #33

Joined Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by moka2 View Post
...people can loos real money by blindly believeing in such a things worst of that person is seling the "Money making system"
People can and will lose money regardless. Even if they have proven themselves in Virtual the transition to Live will still cost you some trades through psychological downfalls.
There is only so much someone can teach someone, the main reason I see people failing or losing money is because of a simple lack of hours put into trading. I call them 'hobby traders' pretending to be fulltime traders and for this reason they stumble. There is a lot to be said about someone that pays their dues through time.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:36pm   #34

3 Posts
Joined Nov 2012

I'm 24, I have studied Natan Sheldenberg's book 'Option Volatility and Pricing' in detail. And thus know, at least academically speaking, option pricing and hedging strategies in good detail.

I have left my previous position in a market research agency (to go travelling) and now I am back looking for a new career in trading.

Realistically, I do not have an account to trade with, I don't come from a rich family. But maybe,W, you might be interested in mentoring a young person who is committed to making a career out of this.

I have been applying to hedgefunds and prop firms recently (though I am not sure how much luck I will have with the current climate).

Even if it is simple advice, and maybe some informal chats, I think I'd find it very useful and interesting.

Let me know if this is something you might be interested in!
bobbybobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:42pm   #35
Joined Oct 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybobby View Post
I'm 24, I have studied Natan Sheldenberg's book 'Option Volatility and Pricing' in detail. And thus know, at least academically speaking, option pricing and hedging strategies in good detail.

I have left my previous position in a market research agency (to go travelling) and now I am back looking for a new career in trading.

Realistically, I do not have an account to trade with, I don't come from a rich family. But maybe,W, you might be interested in mentoring a young person who is committed to making a career out of this.

I have been applying to hedgefunds and prop firms recently (though I am not sure how much luck I will have with the current climate).

Even if it is simple advice, and maybe some informal chats, I think I'd find it very useful and interesting.

Let me know if this is something you might be interested in!
Assuming no track record and no relevant qualifications (you dont mention any) then you're effectively asking this question...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/foye...xperience.html

and if you read between the lines you'll learn the value of mentoring, free or paid.
pboyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:51pm   #36

3 Posts
Joined Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pboyles View Post
Assuming no track record and no relevant qualifications (you dont mention any) then you're effectively asking this question...

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/foye...xperience.html

and if you read between the lines you'll learn the value of mentoring, free or paid.
That's understood. My qualifications are a dual honors from a top tier British university in economics and philosophy. Not entirely relevant, but they do show an aptitude for numbers and analytical thinking.

As for past track record, I have been using a virtual trading account for the past 5 months. However, it's a bit difficult to work on larger hedging portfolios without proper models (to measure your gamma exposure, how much theta you are paying etc - If i am wrong here, please do correct me, it would be a pleasure to learn
bobbybobby is offline   Reply With Quote