Day Trading The Rurex Bund

This is a discussion on Day Trading The Rurex Bund within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; Hi guys, this is my first post so accept my apologies if i get sumthing wrong!... Anyways i have been ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Apr 18, 2005, 11:51pm   #1
Joined Apr 2005
Unhappy Day Trading The Eurex Bund

Hi guys, this is my first post so accept my apologies if i get sumthing wrong!...

Anyways i have been day trading the 10 year Bund everyday for the past 7 months... however only over the last 2 / 3 weeks things have become very different! Has anyone else found this? The relationship with itself and the US 10 year... hardly exists!! also i have found a large number of high volume lots i.e. 3000 contracts... which a few months ago was unheard of.. which therefore effects the queues.. and most of the technical analysis!

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on in the maekets?? why there is so much more uncertainity.. and volume comin into the euro bonds??

Any help on this will be much appreciated!

Many thanx

Last edited by welsh_guy; Apr 19, 2005 at 12:01am. Reason: wrong spellin
welsh_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2005, 3:28pm   #2
Joined Aug 2004
yes i have most definately noticed this, the volatility has shriken considerably and head fakes are everywhere, i think too much arbitrage is too blame.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2005, 9:25pm   #3
Joined Jul 2004
A whole load of ATMs (Automated Trading Machines) on the case in the Eurex Bunds. So hard to hit prices! Also heard some big US prop guys getting involved in recent weeks, and I suppose the hedge funds must be having a laugh with all that depth and volume. Been on the receiving end myself many times!
Old Apr 27, 2005, 10:32am   #4
Joined Apr 2005
welsh_guy started this thread thanx ZeeUK i'm slowly workin on some ideas to get around all these new problems, if you or anyone else who wants to compare and share ideas give me a PM

Gud Luck Guys