comparison of different instruments?

This is a discussion on comparison of different instruments? within the Futures & Options forums, part of the Markets category; Hi, I've been looking over the CME site, and they have all their products listed individually on separate pages. Is ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 26, 2004, 3:20am   #1

Joined Aug 2004
comparison of different instruments?

Hi,
I've been looking over the CME site, and they have all their products listed individually on separate pages. Is there a chart somewhere where the different instruments are compared? I'm looking for information like minimum increment, $/point, trading hours, limits, and such.

I can make one myself, but I'd rather not if this information has already been collated somewhere.
Thanks,
JO
JumpOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 12:51pm   #2

Joined Jul 2004
I doubt an error-free one exists on the Web. I'm doing one for myself starting with YM,ES,NQ and the equivalent bigs, then DAX, Stoxx, FTSE, Bund. Happy to share it when I've finished whenever that is.
blackcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2004, 4:50pm   #3

Joined Jan 2004
This may help :

http://tfc-charts.w2d.com/specs/summary.html

GL
rog1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOff
Hi,
I've been looking over the CME site, and they have all their products listed individually on separate pages. Is there a chart somewhere where the different instruments are compared? I'm looking for information like minimum increment, $/point, trading hours, limits, and such.

I can make one myself, but I'd rather not if this information has already been collated somewhere.
Thanks,
JO
Old Sep 28, 2004, 7:29pm   #4

Joined Aug 2004
JumpOff started this thread Excellent! Thank you Rog1111.
Old Oct 1, 2004, 5:57am   #5

Joined Aug 2004
JumpOff started this thread Ok, now I'm looking for information about which intruments are the most volatile. That is, which contracts have the greatest % fluctuation over the years. I know that I could look at a long temr chart for each instrument and get out my calculator, but I'm guessing someone else has alread done this and posted it on the web somewhere. I've been googling without success. I suspect there is a word or phrase for this that I do not yet know. Any ideas?

I know energy stocks are crazy right now, but they don't always lead the list - do they? Seems like sometimes its currencies, sugar, cattle, metals....
Thanks in advance,
JO