car insurance?

This is a discussion on car insurance? within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Do you pay yours? Why do we have to pay car insurance each year, even if we have no accidents, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 13, 2010, 3:12pm   #1
Joined Apr 2010
car insurance?

Do you pay yours? Why do we have to pay car insurance each year, even if we have no accidents, why are we not rolled over for a small 'admin' fee?

If things like this don't change under our new coalition government i'm packing my bags and moving to Rhyl.

K O'Sabby.
kimo'sabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2010, 3:29pm   #2

Joined Feb 2010
Re: car insurance?

Don't fret. Everywhere else in the world is the same. Well at least over here in fascist Canada.

I paid my insurance, which would have covered someone 45+ on 4 cars for a year, on one car alone for a year. Talk about a bad investment. Didn't have an accident or any claims with it, and will never see my money back as a reward. To be honest, Insurance companies should do as you said, and when you close a policy you get your money back.

I think the reason they have it set the way they do is so then they can afford to net profits and pay out for the insureds mistakes.

Oh btw, never ever get caught driving without insurance. Apparently it gives the companies good reason to charge $16k a year for a vehicle bought for less than $500.
Ninja_Trader is offline Training literature vendor (e.g courses / spreadbetting guides / eBooks)   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2010, 4:06pm   #3

Joined Apr 2010
Re: car insurance?

No its not. In some places you insure the car not the drivers.
scose-no-doubt is offline   Reply With Quote