Who wants to be a Millionaire...

This is a discussion on Who wants to be a Millionaire... within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Any one see Kwan Loo? He seems familiar......

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jan 3, 2004, 11:28pm   #1

Joined Nov 2000
Who wants to be a Millionaire...

Any one see Kwan Loo? He seems familiar...
The views expressed here are my personal views and for your information only. Any expression of likely movement of a share is merely guesswork and is to be treated as such.This information must NOT be used as a basis for making any investment decision.
ChartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 10:43am   #2
Joined Sep 2003
does he?? Hold on...Did he play the bad guy in 'Enter the dragon' or something??
keano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 1:03pm   #3
Joined Jun 2003
I saw him, Martin, and was impressed by him, although for one who practises meditation and stress-management techniques I thought he looked incredibly stressed-out!!

He reminded me a little of Dick Emery's Asian impersonation. Did he remind you of someone?

I was puzzled that his friend, whom he telephoned on the issue of the Swiss town, did not ask him to repeat the question as his pronunciation was shaky. I wonder if the Swiss have trouble pronouncing it?

Sean
Old Jan 4, 2004, 4:59pm   #4
Joined Apr 2003
Re: Who wants to be a Millionaire...

Quote:
Originally posted by ChartMan
Funny you should say that but I commented to my other half that he seemed familiar!! Must have one of "those faces". Mind you with reality TV the way it is he probably has been on a fly-on-the-wall docusoap thingy running a chinese take away or something. Soon everyone will have been on TV and we'll be playing spot the person who hasn't been on TV before
eminem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 6:00pm   #5

Joined Nov 2000
ChartMan started this thread Well, I thought he was at the Xmas Party....
The views expressed here are my personal views and for your information only. Any expression of likely movement of a share is merely guesswork and is to be treated as such.This information must NOT be used as a basis for making any investment decision.
ChartMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2004, 6:22pm   #6

Joined Dec 2001
One of my ex-Cricket colleagues appeared on the show and tore his cheque up in front of Chris Tarrant cause he only got £32,000.

He considered it a failure!

JonnyT
Old Jan 4, 2004, 7:41pm   #7
Joined Oct 2003
I remember seeing a programme about millionaire and remember an incident like that-chis tarrant wasnt too impressed!
MCGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:00am   #8

1 Posts
Joined Jan 2008
Kwan Loo responding !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChartMan View Post
Hi Chaps

I was amazed to find myself mentioned when I Googled my name just now.
I joined so that I can answer some of the comments made but it may be too late (3 years later) now.
Millionaire was not the only show I went in for quizzes. It was a long day, starting from before 8 am and the recording was around 8 pm when I got on. It was not a matter of being stressed, but worn out and mentally tired after I put in all my energies into the fastest fingers round, hence I was only 60% my usual self. Pity I did not gamble; otherwise I could have won at least £32k.
No, I was not in Enter the Dragon. We Chinese can look very similar.
My Friend was probably very nervous when I asked him the Grindelwald question.
Sorry, I am not a trader but a business management Consultant.
My website is: K-L Associates - Business Management Consulants if anyone is interested in using my services.
I am trying to publish my book on consulting; looking for a publisher. Does anyone know one?
Since Millionaire, I have written a book called How to Win in TV Quiz Shows to share my quizzing experiences. But my publisher has gone bust and I may try to publish it elsewhere.
Kwan Loo is offline   Reply With Quote