north east uk traders

This is a discussion on north east uk traders within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Hi Im a forex trader from Sunderland, I was wondering if there was any other traders from the cold north ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:29pm   #1

Joined Sep 2007
north east uk traders

Hi

Im a forex trader from Sunderland, I was wondering if there was any other traders from the cold north east.

Send me a PM

dave
ha0dho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2008, 11:34pm   #2

Joined Jul 2003
Less of the cold north please
it was hot and sunny this afternoon about 75
in Bridlington on the Yorkshire coast
hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 5:07pm   #3

Joined Mar 2008
Im from Hull, where one way or another...its never dull
Old Jul 20, 2008, 1:23pm   #4
Joined May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by hornblower View Post
Less of the cold north please
it was hot and sunny this afternoon about 75
in Bridlington on the Yorkshire coast
Hi, I live in Brid new to this site seems good, weather not good today though!
jacqui54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 4:52pm   #5

4 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
How do everybody, I'm in Newcastle on Tyne

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary".
~H L Mencken.

Secure your financial future!
Email me now to discover the secret to the lifestyle you want instead of the one you can afford.
Allan1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2008, 8:17am   #6
Joined Oct 2007
Hello Alan.

I'm in South Shields. I'm brand new to trading (spreadbetting), 8months learning and only paper traded so far. I've been concentrating on short term swing trading of forex, commodities and uk stocks using price action. I do it on a part time basis as I'm an engineer and have a full time job. I think Dave (Ha0dho) is in a similar position to myself. What type of trading do you do? Are you full time?

Regards
Dan
DanFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2008, 11:46am   #7

4 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Hi Dan,
I'm in the same boat.
Research and paper trading at the moment. I've always had an interest in commodities and have a friend who has successfully dealt in forex so I'm learning from him (on the odd occasion we can get together).

My background is road transport & calor gas via the family business but I'm shying away from the former and learned slowly that I should be working smarter, not harder lol.

A few years ago I took a long, hard look at Network Marketing and decided that, done properly, it was an impressive opportunity but the drawback was that I'm no salesman!
Sure, I can talk business-to-business but I'm not a great retailer of products. I also found that the bigger, more established companies used sales methods I wasn't comfortable with, and for the business model to work it has to be duplicable so I searched some more.

Eventually I found a new organisation which would allow me to concentrate on building a team of business people, much the same kind of folk I'd always "talked business" with, and leave the product retailing to those who do it best. This business has started to take off now and it leaves me with time on my hands and spare cash every month!
Yes, I am still involved in my business, I'll never leave it but I can now downshift a second gear from the "frantic me" of 10 years ago and take time to enjoy life a little more!

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary".
~H L Mencken.

Secure your financial future!
Email me now to discover the secret to the lifestyle you want instead of the one you can afford.
Allan1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 9:09pm   #8

Joined Sep 2007
ha0dho started this thread Hello

Thought I would re awake this thread just to see if there any northerners out there
Old Jun 30, 2009, 9:31pm   #9
Joined May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ha0dho View Post
Hello

Thought I would re awake this thread just to see if there any northerners out there
Hi I live in east yorks. where are you?
jacqui54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2009, 11:17pm   #10

Joined Sep 2007
ha0dho started this thread Hi

Im from sunderland
Old Jul 2, 2009, 2:31pm   #11
Joined May 2005
I'm midway between Sheffield, Barnsley & Rotherham....anyone else here from South Yorkshire?....or Leeds? (I'm near M1)
Larryott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2009, 4:57pm   #12
Joined Oct 2007
Alright Dave,

Hows the trading coming along?
Old Jul 2, 2009, 8:58pm   #13

Joined Sep 2007
ha0dho started this thread
Quote:
Hows the trading coming along?
Not at the moment took sometime off from trading about 9 months cos I was getting agro off the mrs and I ended up owing money to the mafia (sorry I mean HMRC). So had to take some time off how about you,

You still on msn
Old Jul 5, 2009, 12:34pm   #14
Joined Oct 2007
Moving house, changing job and getting married all in the space of a few months has given me very little time for much else.
I'm only just getting back into the swing of things. Needless to say my pot of capital got swallowed up so I'm back demoing whilst trying to get myself back in the black. Yea i'm still on msn.

Dan
Old Jul 9, 2009, 6:04pm   #15

Joined Jan 2009
I'm in Newcastle...Gosforth to be exact! Whoop

www.twitter.com/h0llus
Hollu$ is offline   Reply With Quote