drink!

This is a discussion on drink! within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by wasp I know I know but being a pom, all you get in most clubs and bars ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:04pm   #8
Joined Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp View Post
I know I know but being a pom, all you get in most clubs and bars around the country is so vile if you don't neck it in seconds, you'll regret it! Mind you, you'll regret it either way the stuff they sell!
lol, know what you mean. honest, i have never ever had a tequila in the uk. never will.

actually, just discovered a nice rum from martinica. beats bacardi. 55% alcohol vs 38% it will destroy my braincells

Rhum Blanc Agricole. best discovery ever.
jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:13pm   #9
 
Hoggums's Avatar
Joined Jan 2006
The only drink I can think of is a bloody mary - but let's not even go down that avenue...
__________________
Hoggums

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend,
inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -- G Marx.
Hoggums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:13pm   #10
 
wasp's Avatar
Joined Aug 2003
wasp started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinto View Post
lol, know what you mean. honest, i have never ever had a tequila in the uk. never will.

actually, just discovered a nice rum from martinica. beats bacardi. 55% alcohol vs 38% it will destroy my braincells

Rhum Blanc Agricole. best discovery ever.
I remember someone stuffing a bottle of Bacardi 151 in my face one night at a party many moons ago and it actually had a metal gauze on it to stop it catching alight!!!

Someone told me of a bar in London (Covent Garden) called navaho joes with over 200 tequilas or something, must be something worthwhile in there!
wasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:25pm   #11
 
zambuck's Avatar
Joined Jan 2003
Kenya Kane in Kenya
IPA (India pale Ale) in India
Acapulco in Acapulco
Amsterdam in Amsterdam
Bali Hai in Bali
Bavarian Alps in Bavarian Alps
Bermuda Triangle over Bermuda Trangle....vanishes..!
Biscay in Bay of Biscay
Cadiz in Cadiz..?
Canton in Canton
Carolina in Carolina
China Village Mai Tai in Mai Tai
Colditz in Colditz
Greenland in Greenland
Madras in Madras
Montana in Montana
Pompeii in Pompeii
San Remo in San Remo
__________________
zambuck

The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar.
Evelyn Waugh.
zambuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: wasp
Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:25pm   #12
Joined Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp View Post
I remember someone stuffing a bottle of Bacardi 151 in my face one night at a party many moons ago and it actually had a metal gauze on it to stop it catching alight!!!

Someone told me of a bar in London (Covent Garden) called navaho joes with over 200 tequilas or something, must be something worthwhile in there!
yeah, been to one in st james, but at 30 quid a shot, dont fancy having what i can have at 3 quid a shot at home, and that is for the cheapest of the decent ones
jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:37pm   #13
 
options's Avatar
Joined Jul 2001
Jacinto: Try the Jamaican rum. The real stuff. Can't remember where in England to get it now. I think it might be Oddbins. But they do the normal type you would expect and a cream. They are over 100% proof. (Don't ask me how you can get over 100% but there you go) The old Jamaicans used to drink this straight. I think most of them went blind! Lol.

Wasp: My daughter used to run a vodka bar in Clacton on sea. Right on the seafront 100's of different vodka's from around the world. Some of them are better than paint stripper for those odd jobs around the house.
__________________
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/truth/

"Adapt or die!" Said the Coackroach to the Dinosaur.

Beware of false signals bearing gifts.

"I have seen the enemy...and it is me."

Follow the path of least resistance.
options is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2007, 5:42pm   #14
Joined Oct 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by options View Post
Jacinto: Try the Jamaican rum. The real stuff. Can't remember where in England to get it now. I think it might be Oddbins. But they do the normal type you would expect and a cream. They are over 100% proof. (Don't ask me how you can get over 100% but there you go) The old Jamaicans used to drink this straight. I think most of them went blind! Lol.

Wasp: My daughter used to run a vodka bar in Clacton on sea. Right on the seafront 100's of different vodka's from around the world. Some of them are better than paint stripper for those odd jobs around the house.
blimy, 100%

where i grew up, the homeless that go for alchohol (alcoholics, really), would buy the alcohol you get on a drugstore (96%) and drink it

100% err, too much for me, but thanks, may try it
jacinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
London XMAS Drink? garethb The Foyer 0 Dec 2, 2006 10:07am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)