Human population explosion. Solutions please.

This is a discussion on Human population explosion. Solutions please. within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; http://www.optimumpopulation.org/opt.earth.html WHAT CAN BE DONE? 5. ALL COUNTRIES CAN FORMULATE POPULATION STABILISATION AND REDUCTION POLICIES This markets topping out, due ...

View Poll Results: Paying extra tax to help improve population control.
Yes,happy to pay a tax that will improve population control and quality of living for poorer nations 2 40.00%
Essentially, NO. I'm aware the problem exists ,but someone else please deal with it. 0 0%
CB. Look, the world knows its cheaper to let nature run its course with these things. 3 60.00%
Funnily enough, if we paid for the solution ,it would be cheaper & deliver. 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 5, 2007, 1:23pm   #1

Joined Jan 2007
Unhappy Human population explosion. Solutions please.

Click the image to open in full size.

http://www.optimumpopulation.org/opt.earth.html

WHAT CAN BE DONE?
5. ALL COUNTRIES CAN FORMULATE POPULATION STABILISATION AND REDUCTION POLICIES

This markets topping out, due for a slump ?

"You smell that? Do you smell that? Coin, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of Coin in the morning."~ Colonel Coin

Last edited by Crap Buddist; May 5, 2007 at 1:29pm. Reason: nice chart :)
Crap Buddist is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: JTrader
Old May 5, 2007, 2:33pm   #2
Joined Dec 2002
http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...rolagenda2.htm
JTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2007, 2:48pm   #3
Joined Dec 2002
http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...assculling.htm
Quote:
Industrialization itself levels out population trends and even despite this world population models routinely show that the earth's population will level out at 9 billion in 2050 and slowly decline after that. "The population of the most developed countries will remain virtually unchanged at 1.2 billion until 2050," states a United Nations report. Conservation International's own study revealed that 46% of the earth's surface was an untouched wilderness, that is land areas not including sea..

Last edited by JTrader; May 7, 2007 at 9:45pm.
JTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: fibonelli
Old May 5, 2007, 5:40pm   #4
Joined Nov 2001
Nothing can be done. Have you listened to the Reith Lectures on BBC 4, this year, featuring Sachs.

He is very optimistic. I'm not, at all. The problem with my point of view, and I admit it, is that if we do not try to do something, we are putting our heads on the block without a fight.

Nevertheless, human greed and self preservation will not allow us to trust that others will do the same as we do. Right now, we are waking up, but I fear that we expect others to make sacrifices, while we are not. Where I say "We", I mean all of us, worldwide

Split
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2007, 6:06pm   #5
Joined Nov 2001
Hi Jtrader re: your post on prisonplanet.

This smells of sheer desperation and I fear that nature will do that for us, but only partially. Starvation and a world shortage of water are, already, working on this but the population is still increasing so, sooner or later, these shortages will extend to other over populated areas. Food will get scarcer and more expensive and wars will be fought over water. The BBC today, treated rather lightheartedly, the fact that wood for fencing is almost impossible to get in some areas and that some house owners are having their palings thieved. That is what we are coming to and these shortages will become more evident as time passes. While the West can stumble along giving people higher wages so that they can buy ever more expensive food, other countries will sell to us and poorer countries will not be able to import what they need.

This is what comes of being a member of an ever increasing population on a planet with dwindling resources. With the threat of these terrible deseases, such as aids and bird flu, doesn't it seem laughable that the world is worried about the threat that nuclear energy poses?

Split
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2007, 9:15pm   #6

Joined Jan 2006
Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crap Buddist View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

http://www.optimumpopulation.org/opt.earth.html

WHAT CAN BE DONE?
5. ALL COUNTRIES CAN FORMULATE POPULATION STABILISATION AND REDUCTION POLICIES

This markets topping out, due for a slump ?
WHAT CAN BE DONE?

1) Print EVERY e-mail you get, even spam
2) Leave lights on in empty rooms
3) Fill UP your kettle when making only 1 cup of tea
4) Fly more often, especially on low cost airlines
5) Drive a 4x4
6) Put plastic, paper and cardboard in the "bad" bin.
7) Take your jumper off and turn UP the thermostat instead.

Reverse the above once population has been reduced to acceptable levels
new_trader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2007, 9:58pm   #7

Joined Oct 2006
Here's my tongue in cheek solution to the "alleged" over population scam.

Cull the following
1. Believers of this scam
2. AGW believers
3. Fascists

Leaving plenty of room for everyone else with fair access to land, water and money.

"The trend is your friend and divergences are your best friend until the bend at the end"

Party on like it's 1930, until Mr C (Wave) gatecrashes the party.
fibonelli is offline   Reply With Quote