UK Politics

This is a discussion on UK Politics within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by tomorton The Russians did it. I wouldn't be sure Tom. Apparently our two friends had been kicked ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:31pm   #421
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
The Russians did it.

I wouldn't be sure Tom.

Apparently our two friends had been kicked out of Netherlands and were know to officials.

Spooks all about deception and disinformation.

If you are going to knock off persons of interest then one should have a fall back plan ie a fall guy/s. What better idea to implicate two Russian low level hacking experts on another assignment to the killing of Skiprals. Coordinate assasination for say when they are next in the UK or Salisbury.

Salisbury is a particular area of intest what with MoD and many science research lab facilities there. I've always wonder why Skipral would want to locate there and not someplace like Bournemouth??? I dunno just wondering here...

Still a bit stinky for me. Source of this highly toxic chemical, number of deaths or lack of, all the BS around quarantine, application and containment just smacks of incompetent cover up to me.


All the UK have are two agents coming in and leaving UK. Oh they were Russian. How convenient?


Where is evidence linking to crime?




Having said all that, I think any body who works for intelligence services and then betrays ones mother country revealing secrets to what may be termed de enami - deserves to be put out of their misery.

It's sick dirty world we live in. Betrayal is not nice.
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2018, 4:57pm   #422
 
sminicooper's Avatar
Joined Jun 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
The Russians did it.
Nah! It's all one of the Maybot's dastardly plots to make her look good.
I bet Boris is next on her list.
__________________
We are defined by our past!
sminicooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:22pm   #423
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
I wouldn't be sure Tom.

Apparently our two friends had been kicked out of Netherlands and were know to officials.

Spooks all about deception and disinformation.

If you are going to knock off persons of interest then one should have a fall back plan ie a fall guy/s. What better idea to implicate two Russian low level hacking experts on another assignment to the killing of Skiprals. Coordinate assasination for say when they are next in the UK or Salisbury.

Salisbury is a particular area of intest what with MoD and many science research lab facilities there. I've always wonder why Skipral would want to locate there and not someplace like Bournemouth??? I dunno just wondering here...

Still a bit stinky for me. Source of this highly toxic chemical, number of deaths or lack of, all the BS around quarantine, application and containment just smacks of incompetent cover up to me.


All the UK have are two agents coming in and leaving UK. Oh they were Russian. How convenient?


Where is evidence linking to crime?




Having said all that, I think any body who works for intelligence services and then betrays ones mother country revealing secrets to what may be termed de enami - deserves to be put out of their misery.

It's sick dirty world we live in. Betrayal is not nice.

The Russians did it, why should it matter to them if the guys were identified or not. They possibly didn't expect them to be publicly named, but the UK did this - but so what? Means nothing to Putin. In fact it reinforces his perception of power. In a sense, the UK Police have been doing an advertising job for the GRU and for Putin's ability to do what he likes. He can send a death squad wherever he likes. It sends encouragement to his allies and a threat to his enemies.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: sminicooper
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:49pm   #424
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
The Russians did it, why should it matter to them if the guys were identified or not. They possibly didn't expect them to be publicly named, but the UK did this - but so what? Means nothing to Putin. In fact it reinforces his perception of power. In a sense, the UK Police have been doing an advertising job for the GRU and for Putin's ability to do what he likes. He can send a death squad wherever he likes. It sends encouragement to his allies and a threat to his enemies.

Not much different to rendition by US and UK, picking up bodies of interest to do what it likes with them including torture, water bording and the rest.

Then there is that aspect of getting the Saudies to do our dirty work for us as well. No one hears anything about their activities incase it damages our defence (more like weapons of attack) industries.

However, all this is kept hush hush whilst our public think and believe we are the good guys and they are bad not playing by our rules.


Would it be fair to say our side carries out similar acts of agression against individuals in foreign soil outside of their own national borders?
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2018, 5:59pm   #425
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Not much different to rendition by US and UK, picking up bodies of interest to do what it likes with them including torture, water bording and the rest.

Then there is that aspect of getting the Saudies to do our dirty work for us as well. No one hears anything about their activities incase it damages our defence (more like weapons of attack) industries.

However, all this is kept hush hush whilst our public think and believe we are the good guys and they are bad not playing by our rules.


Would it be fair to say our side carries out similar acts of agression against individuals in foreign soil outside of their own national borders?

I say its a bad thing when Russia carries out a military attack on our soil. Because its us they're attacking. I give them no credit or licence whatsoever just because somebody else can be found who one day did likewise.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2018, 6:35pm   #426
 
Atilla's Avatar
Joined Nov 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
I say its a bad thing when Russia carries out a military attack on our soil. Because its us they're attacking. I give them no credit or licence whatsoever just because somebody else can be found who one day did likewise.
Military Attack??? slight exagarration. Losing perspective here don't you think?


It was supposed to be a clinical assisination which hasn't been so surgical as more mishap slapdash carvery of sorts.

Somebody else??? What about UK doing Gadaffis work? You certainly do have selective memory.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...rty-work-libya
Attached Thumbnails
capture.png  
__________________
Know your L I M I T A T I O N S

Last edited by Atilla; Sep 15, 2018 at 6:40pm.
Atilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2018, 10:20pm   #427
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Military Attack??? slight exagarration. Losing perspective here don't you think?


It was supposed to be a clinical assisination which hasn't been so surgical as more mishap slapdash carvery of sorts.

Somebody else??? What about UK doing Gadaffis work? You certainly do have selective memory.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...rty-work-libya

Assassination is just a military action on a small scale.

I'm sceptical this was a slapdash operation as explained - if the details come out and people conclude it was the Russian government behind it, there are benefit for Russia. I suspect it wasn't so much a careless action as a care-free one.

Russia is to be utterly condemned. We should not lessen their criminality by pointing to that of other people.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:38am   #428
Joined Nov 2001
I have a foot in both camps. I don't trust Putin. He is ex KGB and the attacked Russian in Salisbury was a defector. Putin is very vengeful.

OTOH, I don't trust the British Establishment ( or any other) as far as I could kick it.

I guess its age!
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:46am   #429
 
Pat494's Avatar
Joined Mar 2004
There are probably private enterprise assassins for hire around this world. Given a high enough price they would be willing to have a go. Talking of prices I wonder just what the league table currently is and how much.



Not that I am in that market.
__________________
Love your own area.
Long live NIMBYISM

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:49am   #430
Joined May 2016
The Professionals

Novichok suspects' drug-fuelled night of 'cannabis and prostitutes'*
https://dailym.ai/2pcvzti
Signalcalc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:51am   #431
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalcalc View Post
The Professionals

Novichok suspects' drug-fuelled night of 'cannabis and prostitutes'*
https://dailym.ai/2pcvzti

Lads journalism at its finest, 25 year old male journos assigned to the Skripal story, 90ís lad mag stuff, good for a Sunday morning laugh
Signalcalc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:33pm   #432
Joined May 2016
Conspiracy Alert: Was Skripal somehow connected with Porton Down, do the guinea pigs give the game away

https://southfront.org/salisbury-ner...rogram-porton/
Signalcalc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2018, 4:54pm   #433
Joined Feb 2002
No, the Russians did it.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:00pm   #434
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signalcalc View Post
Conspiracy Alert: Was Skripal somehow connected with Porton Down, do the guinea pigs give the game away

https://southfront.org/salisbury-ner...rogram-porton/

By the way, what's your opinion on the Kennedy assassination, the Moon landings and the 9/11 attacks?
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:27pm   #435
Joined May 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
By the way, what's your opinion on the Kennedy assassination, the Moon landings and the 9/11 attacks?


My names not Attila
Signalcalc is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: tomorton , Atilla
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spanish politics Splitlink The Foyer 5 Dec 22, 2015 10:08am
Politics Trumping Economics traderchild The Foyer 0 Sep 30, 2013 9:12pm
Ooeerr a little bit of politics there nunrgguy General Trading Chat 13 Apr 30, 2010 2:49pm
Party Politics... findlay234 General Trading Chat 27 Apr 17, 2010 2:36am
Politics chump The Foyer 7 Oct 26, 2004 10:06am

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Atilla