ART - not just pretty pics

This is a discussion on ART - not just pretty pics within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by Pat494 . . . He would buy en masse all the available stock of just such a ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 8, 2018, 5:37pm   #346
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.
 
timsk's Avatar
Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
. . . He would buy en masse all the available stock of just such a young artist and then turn on the sales pitch to sell the pictures individually for a huge profit.
I thought of you today Pat and the comment quoted as I was catching a few rays on the terrace of the apartment I'm living in Malaga, with my headphones on, listening to this golden oldie from Mark 'n the boys . . .

__________________
I'm New To T2W - Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to T2W
I'm New To TRADING – Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to TRADING
The Trading Plan Template - a must read for anyone without a proper TRADING PLAN
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:38pm   #347
 
Pat494's Avatar
Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
I thought of you today Pat and the comment quoted as I was catching a few rays on the terrace of the apartment I'm living in Malaga, with my headphones on, listening to this golden oldie from Mark 'n the boys . . .
It was 75% yesterday in the sun loggia here and no foreign food, flies, expensive travel and apartments etc.

marvellous.

Mind the great whites patrolling off the beaches. Might fancy a tasty Brit for lunch. Pinas Coladas all round mate.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...6C3A&FORM=VIRE
__________________
Love your own area.
Long live NIMBYISM

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates

Last edited by Pat494; Feb 8, 2018 at 7:45pm.
Pat494 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2018, 1:02pm   #348
 
cantagril's Avatar
Joined Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat494 View Post
It was 75% yesterday in the sun loggia here and no foreign food, flies, expensive travel and apartments etc.
...how the other half live!

I'm obviously nowhere near either of you. A few degrees above freezing here, raining on and off for most of the morning, threatening clouds, extortionately expensive transport, felonious property prices and taxes, indifferent local swill.....

Ah, life in the Great Wen

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life" - have been feeling somewhat knackered for a while now.

PS: Got a spare room Timsk??
__________________
Vincit qui se vincit
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

My secret: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQG1K_9Nvvk

Last edited by cantagril; Feb 9, 2018 at 2:23pm.
cantagril is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2018, 9:51am   #349
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.
 
timsk's Avatar
Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantagril View Post
. . .Got a spare room Timsk??
I'm now back from sunny Spain and have moved into our new home; a rather tired 60s bungalow in dire need of some TLC and having a shed load of money thrown at it. That said, nowt much wrong with the view: the pic' below was taken from my living room window first thing this morning. Sorry cantagril, I'm afraid it'll be quite some time before we have spare room for guests!

Tim.

snowy-morning-view.jpg
__________________
I'm New To T2W - Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to T2W
I'm New To TRADING – Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to TRADING
The Trading Plan Template - a must read for anyone without a proper TRADING PLAN
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: cbrads
Old Mar 20, 2018, 12:50pm   #350
 
Mr. Charts's Avatar
Joined Sep 2001
Nice view !
It looks as if you're sitting atop a softly rolling Devon hill.
No Japanese knotweed I hope !
Richard
__________________
Mr. Charts
Full time US Share Trader
Follow me on Twitter twitter.com/MrChartsJoyson

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2018, 1:26pm   #351
 
barjon's Avatar
Joined May 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charts View Post
Nice view !
It looks as if you're sitting atop a softly rolling Devon hill.
No Japanese knotweed I hope !
Richard
Blimey! You’re taking a chance, Richard, that’s the last thing Tim wants reminding about.
barjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2018, 2:42pm   #352
 
Mr. Charts's Avatar
Joined Sep 2001
I imagine the estate agent was speechless when Tim turned up with his military grade flame thrower and examined the garden first without even glancing at the house.
__________________
Mr. Charts
Full time US Share Trader
Follow me on Twitter twitter.com/MrChartsJoyson

Contributor to T2W's Trading FAQ Book
http://www.trade2win.com/books/trading-faqs

T2W interview

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/a...ichard-joyson/
Mr. Charts is offline Coach/Trainer   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:51pm   #353
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.
 
timsk's Avatar
Joined Mar 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charts View Post
I imagine the estate agent was speechless when Tim turned up with his military grade flame thrower and examined the garden first without even glancing at the house.
Lol Richard!

Funnily enough, I've just received an e-mail from the lady who bought my last house to say that she's removed a raised veg' bed (that we put in over 10 years ago) to make way for a trampoline for her kids and, in so doing, uncovered a crown of the dreaded weed the size of a beech ball. The really odd thing is that there's never been any sign of the plant above ground in that part of the garden. I'm not sure how to reply to her as she'll never believe that we're as surprised by her discovery as she is. Fortunately, she seems pretty sanguine about it (as she ought to be IMO - a lot of fuss about nothing) and is really enjoying her new home.

Anyway, if any of you uncover knotweed in your gardens - let me know and I'll tell you how to deal with it - I consider myself to be an expert! It's yet another useless thing to add to my long CV - only marginally more impressive than Fridge and Fruit Bowl Management.And both the latter are things I'm genuinely good at.
Tim.
__________________
I'm New To T2W - Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to T2W
I'm New To TRADING – Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to TRADING
The Trading Plan Template - a must read for anyone without a proper TRADING PLAN
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2018, 7:56pm   #354
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.
 
counter_violent's Avatar
Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Lol Richard!

Funnily enough, I've just received an e-mail from the lady who bought my last house to say that she's removed a raised veg' bed (that we put in over 10 years ago) to make way for a trampoline for her kids and, in so doing, uncovered a crown of the dreaded weed the size of a beech ball. The really odd thing is that there's never been any sign of the plant above ground in that part of the garden. I'm not sure how to reply to her as she'll never believe that we're as surprised by her discovery as she is. Fortunately, she seems pretty sanguine about it (as she ought to be IMO - a lot of fuss about nothing) and is really enjoying her new home.

Anyway, if any of you uncover knotweed in your gardens - let me know and I'll tell you how to deal with it - I consider myself to be an expert! It's yet another useless thing to add to my long CV - only marginally more impressive than Fridge and Fruit Bowl Management.And both the latter are things I'm genuinely good at.
Tim.
She has your e-mail

Opening gambit that....looking for compo.....just wait for the lawyer letters to start
__________________
Spreading the madness across this suite of forums.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:46pm   #355
The Staff are paid members that perform various roles such as editorial, advertising, support or technical work.
 
timsk's Avatar
Joined Mar 2002
Having taken the thread off-piste with my last few posts, I thought I'd get it back on track with a link to this excellent documentary offering real insight into how the art market works and how to make your fortune in it. Cue spoiler alert: I'm afraid you need a fortune already in order to become a player. Sorry!
Tim.

Enjoy . . .
__________________
I'm New To T2W - Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to T2W
I'm New To TRADING – Where Do I Start? - a must read for anyone new to TRADING
The Trading Plan Template - a must read for anyone without a proper TRADING PLAN
Please note: I am part of T2W Admin' Staff - I am NOT a Moderator!
timsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2018, 2:31pm   #356
 
Pat494's Avatar
Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread Ever been to St, Ives ?
It is worth a look for the natural scenery and all the art shops displaying. The Modern Tate there has some tasteless pieces that may appeal to some.

__________________
Love your own area.
Long live NIMBYISM

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2018, 3:25pm   #357
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.
 
counter_violent's Avatar
Joined Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsk View Post
Having taken the thread off-piste with my last few posts, I thought I'd get it back on track with a link to this excellent documentary offering real insight into how the art market works and how to make your fortune in it. Cue spoiler alert: I'm afraid you need a fortune already in order to become a player. Sorry!
Tim.

Enjoy . . .
Good job Quantt hasn't found this thread otherwise the whole art world would collapse overnight
__________________
Spreading the madness across this suite of forums.

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Pat494
Old Mar 26, 2018, 4:37pm   #358
 
Pat494's Avatar
Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread I love the way he catches the light on the water.
Attached Thumbnails
alfred_sisley_001.jpg  
__________________
Love your own area.
Long live NIMBYISM

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2018, 10:51am   #359
 
Pat494's Avatar
Joined Mar 2004
Pat494 started this thread There is a MAJOR Monet exhibition coming soon to London.
I think the commentator said it will show a large number of his works especially those of River Thames scenes painted at the turn of the century.
Missed the gallery but it will be one of the big ones.
__________________
Love your own area.
Long live NIMBYISM

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates
Pat494 is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: sminicooper
Old Jul 25, 2018, 9:44am   #360
 
sminicooper's Avatar
Joined Jun 2016
Specially for Atilla!

Here's a nice picture that shows you can still acquire something worthwhile at a sensible price. Specially uploaded for Atilla to give him some relief from the lone battle he fights on the Brexit thread

salthouse.png
__________________
We are defined by our past!
sminicooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Atilla
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help choosing monitor (Pics Included) nyckylim Techies Corner 10 Jan 31, 2012 7:10pm
right 'nuff; who is the fittest woman on earth?(pics please) Chartsy The Foyer 8 Oct 4, 2010 11:36pm
Post pics of your set ups? TAjammy Techies Corner 18 Oct 6, 2009 10:39am
hilarious pics>>!! kitster The Foyer 0 Aug 17, 2006 12:21pm

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)