Europe's Liberation Started With Brexit

This is a discussion on Europe's Liberation Started With Brexit within the The Foyer forums, part of the Off the Grid category; Originally Posted by Mr. Charts Roosevelt was Episcopalian, not jewish. The US did not enter the war to help Jews. ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 10, 2016, 5:20pm   #16

Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charts View Post
Roosevelt was Episcopalian, not jewish. The US did not enter the war to help Jews. Conspiracy extremist views are unacceptable here in my opinion.
http://israelect.com/reference/Willi...%20%5BD%5D.htm

Franklin was quoted. I am not doing an anti Jewish bit but just stating the facts as known. No extremism intended.

The British poodle could at least get its facts right. The Japanese attacked at Pearl Harbour and Germany allied to them declared war too. They had helped with outdated destroyers etc. but at a price ! Which we paid off in the 1970s.

for quality of life.

The Westcountry is being overrun with
grotty new estates

Last edited by Pat494; Sep 10, 2016 at 5:26pm.
Pat494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2016, 5:28pm   #17

Joined Mar 2004
Quote:
There are plenty of racist hate Web sites available for such views
I don't support racism or hate sites but as an amateur historian do like to get my facts right.

for quality of life.

grotty new estates
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:26am   #18
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
counter_violent started this thread
Quote:
Just wait till the dive in GBP works through to the cost of all our imported food and goods.........this is the equivalent of the Phoney War.
Does anybody have confidence in the diplomatic and economic skills of Fox, Davies and Boris?
The EU is going to be a very unyielding negotiator pour encourager les autres.
And as for back-of-the-queue Obama.....let's hope Hillary gets in and has more sense of history and friendship than the Brit hating Obama.
Looking increasingly likely that Trump will take the Presidency.

Part of a greater wave of anti politics sweeping the globe. Hardly surprising, considering the total mess they have made of things. Blaming the banks for the financial mess back in 2007 was only the start, soon became obvious that the politicians were to blame for their lack of competence in dealing with regulation.

Given that One of the Brexit red lines is controlled migration, I suspect there is no deal to be done with the EU. I recon May's negotiating position will be to circumvent the EU and deal direct with member countries leaders. This would make total sense if Brexit means Brexit. Why bother arguing with people who's agenda is further integration. About time these mandarins understood where the power lies, which is ultimately with the people. They will of course find out in due course, as more and more member countries defy their phoney authority.

All the noises coming out of the rest of the world seem to be possitive. Open for business and ready to do trade deals. Time will tell.

As for imports, it's about time our farmers got back to work producing food instead of being paid to produce nothing. Maintaining hedgerows is all very well, but in economic terms, it's for the birds!

Those are my principles and if you don't like them, well..... I have others.

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now

Last edited by counter_violent; Sep 11, 2016 at 2:20am.
counter_violent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2016, 5:26am   #19
Global Moderators are volunteer members with senior administrative powers to moderate all forums.

Joined Aug 2004
counter_violent started this thread How anyone can say that the EU is working must be living in a bubble.

The problem with momentum and fighting the trend.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...of-eu-members/

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
Old Sep 11, 2016, 7:05am   #20
Joined Nov 2001
The problem is not EU, as such. The problem is the world financial system. Each country is, continually, injecting capital, that does not exist, into its monetary system so that you and I can work and earn it.

It has to be be replaced but, what with? It is a mind boggling problem and beyond control, now.

If you believe that the UK can solve it by leaving the EU, Good Luck. But you are deluding yourselves.

You will end up printingand pouring money into the system in the same way as EU, but with less resources, simply to avoid rioting in the streets. At present, those that cannot make ends meet are a minority that can be controlled.

Wait until they become the majority.

Europeans are experiencing an example of that, already. It is called the migrant problem.

Last edited by Splitlink; Sep 11, 2016 at 7:10am.
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Oscar Reed
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:55am   #21
Joined Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by barjon View Post
Well, us old bones need a bit of winter sun to stop seizing up - not a lot of that about in Torquay

Try Cuba, found it cheaper than Spain for 2 weeks......
Sonicscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:43pm   #22
Joined Nov 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicscooter View Post
Try Cuba, found it cheaper than Spain for 2 weeks......
Right. We don't want them here if they have no money. This is not a charitable organisation. Whatever next?
Splitlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks! The following members like this post: Sonicscooter
Old Sep 13, 2016, 2:02pm   #23

Joined Mar 2004
Love the old cars and buildings in Cuba.

for quality of life.

grotty new estates
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:56pm   #24

Joined Aug 2004
counter_violent started this thread Another falling out between those who live in the real world and the EU crats.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37347352

Kin Dissers Everywhere

We are all leavers now
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:46pm   #25
Joined Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by counter_violent View Post
Another falling out between those who live in the real world and the EU crats.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-37347352

We know where Europe is heading CV, eventually others will see what is in store, those that don't will end up in a whole world of pain.
Sonicscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 4:53pm   #26
Joined Jul 2008
I do feel sorry for those refugees. If in their shoes I would probably be doing the same. The problem is they will never integrate and forever be in a silo community. Instead of opening the doors permanently. They should be housed temporarily until the underlying issue is resolved and then returned with assistance in building their home. It will probably be cheaper in the long run and we would end up with a better relationship in the long run. My 2 cents of the refugee issue.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 5:01pm   #27

Joined Mar 2004
Will the Greeks get thrown out if they fail to meet their obligations next time ?
At least we aren't subsidising their financial holiday any more.

for quality of life.

grotty new estates
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:55pm   #28
Joined Feb 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by forker View Post
I do feel sorry for those refugees. If in their shoes I would probably be doing the same. The problem is they will never integrate and forever be in a silo community. Instead of opening the doors permanently. They should be housed temporarily until the underlying issue is resolved and then returned with assistance in building their home. It will probably be cheaper in the long run and we would end up with a better relationship in the long run. My 2 cents of the refugee issue.

I think we should be recognising this for what it is, a migrant issue, not a refugee issue.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2016, 9:34pm   #29
Joined Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorton View Post
I think we should be recognising this for what it is, a migrant issue, not a refugee issue.
Syria has seen 400k - 470k people killed since the start of the civil war in 2011. Refugees in Turkey (2.5 million of them) are living in tents and makeshift squatter camps like this

Click the image to open in full size.

have you ever been in a squatter camp? i have and i can tell you it isn't an easy life and its a heck of a lot worse over there. According to the UN it will take 5 billion pounds to meet the basic needs of vulnerable Syrians in 2016. Camps have chronic malnutrition problems, boys, girls, and women are raped (Lots of reports on this), sanitation issues, exposed to brutal weather.

Would you live like that? i wouldn't and these people are so desperate that they risk their lives (children included) in hope of a something better. I can't imagine how desperate i would need to be to risk my 4 year old daughter's life. This is not a migrant issue. There are economic migrants in these but they are definitely a minority.
forker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2016, 7:34am   #30
Joined Feb 2002
The Syrian refugees need more help, I'm sure everyone would like to help them. But permanent re-settlement in the EU makes no sense. It would be just as helpful if we re-located them to Hawaii. How could it be right for all non-combatants in any conflict in the world all claim the right to settle in Honolulu? Or any country of their choice?

Entry into the EU by other nationalities should be treated as what it is, immigration. The fact that thousands from the Middle East and Africa are trying it in large groups rather than the odd one or two stow-aways doesn't change their situation and shouldn't change our response.
tomorton is online now   Reply With Quote